What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rheinmettall SG 113 cal 7.7cm

SG500

Premium Member
Attached are a few pictures of an SG 113 projectile.

The SG 113 was a recoilless gun mounted vertically in aircraft with the muzzle pointing downwards and fired by echo impulse from tanks on the ground as the aircraft passed over them. Radar was the means of obtaining the echo (information from German Aircraft guns WW1-WW2 but Hoffschmidt).

If anyone has any further information I would be interested.

Dave.

Attachments

• 77#1.jpg
    77#1.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 77#2.jpg
    77#2.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 77#3.jpg
    77#3.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 79
Just bumping this very old thread.
Has anyone any more information on the projectile - is it Tungsten cored (it certainly feels like it being very heavy).
Dave.

I'm at work right now so cannot check, is it in the German book on Gerlich-type rounds?

I've got one at home, I could bring it in to work to check the core but I'm pretty sure our X-rays won't punch through that much metal.

I'm at work right now so cannot check, is it in the German book on Gerlich-type rounds?

I've got one at home, I could bring it in to work to check the core but I'm pretty sure our X-rays won't punch through that much metal.

Hi thanks, I've never seen a photo of drawing of what its like inside - if you could try an xray it would be great.
Ta,
Dave.

This PDF may be helpfull
Regards, DJH

Attachments

• 1006A_UFO.pdf
    158 KB · Views: 83
Hi thanks, I've never seen a photo of drawing of what its like inside - if you could try an xray it would be great.
Ta,
Dave.

May take some time to find it, we are just starting to move in and its currently boxed, somewhere.....

Attachments

• Panzergranate Uebung SG 113 klein.jpg
    Panzergranate Uebung SG 113 klein.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 26
  • SG113A 001.jpg
    SG113A 001.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 20
  • SG113A 002.jpg
    SG113A 002.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 20
  • SG113A 003.jpg
    SG113A 003.jpg