What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange Sweish 37 mm Bofors M/98 case (?)

H

Hoeksel

I recently added a case to my collection, of which I am positive it is a 37 mm M/98 Bofors naval A.A. gun or possibly a sub-caliber case for the Swedish navy. The case has a internal diameter of 37.9 mm (outside 39.9 mm) and measures 152R48.5mm. It has the typical rim I know from the Bofors M/98 case (see other example in the picture) and typical Swedish navy stampings. This case is also mentioned in Mellichamps book about the 37 mm gun.

What makes it strange is that my case has no neck (hence the larger than 37 mm diameter), while all examples I know do have a neck. Also the crimp-dots (or whatever they are called) are not seen on this case. Can anybody explain the lack of a neck?

As for the headstamp freaks (like me):

O.L. 23 (ADK logo) and a Swedish crown = (O.L.?), Arme Depot Karlsberg (?)
NK1 (3,7)-12 C.40 = NobelKrut size 1, 3,7 cm caliber, (lot 12?), Carlskrona 1940

Anybody knows what O.L. means and if Arme Depot Karlsberg is correct for ADK?

Attachments

• Bofors 37 mm M98.jpg
    Bofors 37 mm M98.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 62
  • Swedish M98.jpg
    Swedish M98.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 25