What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20th Century British Tank Gun Cartridge Cases

peregrinvs

Leaving aside projectiles; if one wanted a complete collection of 20th Century British tank gun cartridge cases, what would be the full list? Off the top of my head, I can think of the following:

6 Pounder Hotchkiss
3 Pounder 2CWT
2 Pounder No.2
6 Pounder 7CWT
75mm (US)
95mm Howitzer
17 Pounder
77mm
20 Pounder
105mm TK
120mm (Conqueror)

So what have I missed..?

Cheers,
Mark

3 inch howitzer in WW2?

You could also include the 15 mm Besa and .5" Vickers I suppose, as well as the .303, .30 US and 7.92 mm and 7.62 mm....and postwar there's the 76 mm in the CVR(T) and the 30 mm Rarden. Depends on how you define "tank gun".

Do just mean British Army tank gun cases which saw service? There were some experimentals, plus British tank guns sold abroad (IIRC Vickers sold some 47mm and maybe others).

Thanks for all the input. I was limiting it to cases from rounds fired by in service British tank main guns. I currently have examples of the 6pdr Hotchkiss, 2pdr No.2 and 6pdr 7cwt and we'll see how it goes with the rest...

Cheers,
Mark