What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

25x163 Hotchkiss HE-T Projectile cutaway diagram

Falcon

Does anyone have a cutaway diagram for the HE-T projectile for the French WW2 Era 25x163 Rimless Hotchkiss AA round? I would be extremely grateful if anyone has.

25mm_AT.jpg
Have here a cut drawing of 25x163mm AP T
Joerg

While on the topic of 25mm hotchkiss has anybody got any info piccies of the rimmed anti tank AP version of this round as well

Cheers DAZ

Re:25x163 Hotchkiss HE-T Projectile cutaway diagra

Thanks spotter, that is what I was looking for. I even had the site in my favourites and never thought to look there. I now know there are 2 more bits of my proj that unscrew. I know it is empty BTW as the fuse unscrews. The fuse is missing all its guts and you can see inside the proj where the HE would have been. I'll have to get some WD-40 on it. It looks like it could have been buried while loaded in a case at some stage as the outside at the end which would have been exposed is heavily pitted.

25x163proj.jpg

Falcon i have restored tips to as new looking that were a lot worse for pitting and had cracks by using a two part epoxy glue of the araladite type ,basically putting a thin smear on the projectile and sanding it before it drys completly then painting , ive rescued some utter horrors before .

Nice idea Daz, I could try it. However first I want to try and get the proj "fully strippable".

Bild_1-79430684e71b9e5b789a0fe94917f3f6.jpg
Also German in 2. WK had produced ammunition in the caliber for the anti-aircraft 25x163.
By the recovery in einenem sprinkled ammunition depot we have found this ammunition
Joerg

Bild_2.jpg
Here one more picture. Have still many pictures of the ammunition
Joerg

They are dead interesting pictures I did not know that the germans manufactured their own ammunition for this weapon never mind actually using it .

25mm_001.jpg

Heres some piccies of my 25mm Anti tank hotchkiss if anyones got any old paper work especially german on this round I would love to see it.

DAZ

Hai Joerg, Can you please write under your photos that the expl. have been taken care off bye EOD.
Thanks Mad

The ammunition to aufmeinen pictures all Are delivered in Germany EOD, because I work as an EOD.
Joerg

POST DELETED BY SPOTTER
QUOTE"Please do not post any messages discussing EOD procedures or making Inert procedures.These techniques are dangerous enough for those who are trained in them ,and because this is an open site anyone would be able to see them and therefore as prevention of injury or death or even security threat ,i feel it is best to not discuss or show such topics on this site .Any posts that show these techniques or similar will be immediately removed "

Hi Falcon,

POST DELETED BY SPOTTER
quote "Please do not post any messages discussing EOD procedures or making Inert procedures.These techniques are dangerous enough for those who are trained in them ,and because this is an open site anyone would be able to see them and therefore as prevention of injury or death or even security threat ,i feel it is best to not discuss or show such topics on this site .Any posts that show these techniques or similar will be immediately removed "

Regards

DM 53

Bild_2-86562cceaa52d73d35cd99000dcbda31.jpg
Here a copper version -Joerg -Ammunition in the pictures is with the KMD (EOD)

Bild_1-8a89ad1306648db75f6e82e3ed5863f3.jpg
Here a copper version -Joerg -Ammunition in the pictures is with the KMD (EOD)