What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

25x163 Hotchkiss HE-T Projectile cutaway diagram

Bild_1_12.jpg
Inscription of the shell - ground finding -Joerg -Ammunition in the pictures is with the KMD (EOD)

Bild_1_15.jpg
Inscription of the shell - ground finding -Joerg -Ammunition in the pictures is with the KMD (EOD)

Bild_1_17.jpg

Kopie_von_Bild_1_1.JPG
A contents slip of paper of a metal container for 2.5 cms of cartridges -Joerg -Ammunition in the pictures is with the KMD (EOD)

Re:25x163 Hotchkiss HE-T Projectile cutaway diagra

Falcon!,

I hope this thread is not turning into a `home-deac` topic.
Nobody is allowed to discuss any item that may involve de-ac procedures.
Im a little worried where this is going!...:eek:hmy:

cheers

waff

Bild_2_2.jpg
metal container for 2.5 cms of cartridges - Joerg - Ammunition in the pictures is with the KMD (EOD)

Hallo Jeorg,

some great pictures again i see!:)

Thank you for attaching to the pics that these are with EOD.

cheers

waff

waffenamt wrote:
Falcon!,

I hope this thread is not turning into a `home-deac` topic.
Nobody is allowed to discuss any item that may involve de-ac procedures.
Im a little worried where this is going!...:eek:hmy:

cheers

waff
No, it is not going that way, the projectile body on this round is in 2 pieces, which I can undo. The proj is empty. The nose of the fuse comes off and all its internals are gone. I cannot get the base of the fuse undone from the separate projectile nose.

Good man,
stay safe,thats all im asking!

best

waff

Roger,

I certainly do not want anyone to get harmed and i also agree that one should not try to dearm stuff if not EOD.

DM 53

Hey Guys,

It is a open forum.
And thats why i have dicided that it had to beremoved, not only for your safety but for every one.
And i hoop you feel the same way about it.

Cheers Mad

Just to reassure everyone this is NOT a home EOD job here is a photo of the projectile in pieces. The 2 parts I cannot separate are in the red box.
25x163bits.jpg

It looks a good job so far.How come you want to split the `boxed` part up?
you might damage it beyond repair?

waff

I will only undo it if it can come out easily, any chance of damaging it and I'll leave it. It cant be that badly stuck as the moisture does not appear to have got inside the proj and the 2 steel parts (which I thought would be rusted togehter) came undone easily. I thought about soaking it in WD-40. The next thing to try after that is gently heating it with a fairly cool flmae from a blowtorch. I am 100% sure there are no explosives in there, as there is a hole through the middle of the brass part, you can see it is only a thread into the steel part.

I wouldn`t risk breaking it and i certainly would not even be thinking of blowtorches!:eek:hmy:

waff

Why not waff?
They work!

I use them on pipe brazing at work,but i wouldnt use it on ammo,inert or not!.
it just doesnt feel `right`!!:laugh: :laugh:

waff

I separated the 2 pieces today, with no damage and not resorting to blowtorches. The thread was not corroded or damaged, just done up very tight. It was even well lubricated by someone at some stage.

Sectioned 25mm Hotchkiss projectile

Just to add to the diagrams earlier in this thread, here's a sectioned AP projectile.

Dave.

Attachments

• 25mm Hotchkiss sectioned 1.JPG
    25mm Hotchkiss sectioned 1.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 52
  • 25mm Hotchkiss sectioned 2.JPG
    25mm Hotchkiss sectioned 2.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 31