What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2cm 20mm

Lou

Some of my favorites
20mm_001__600_x_450_.jpg

Nice collection Lou ,ive just started to get some cannon rounds in my collection,ill post them when ive finished cutting them all

The shell with the largest case is Japanese.Sorry for the blurry pic.And next time I promise to include markings and such info.

20mm_001.jpg
Heres two pictures of some of my WW2 20mm and under shells if you want to know what any are just ask.

From left to right
12.7mm soviet HMG / aircraft
14.5mm soviet Anti tank rifle
12.7mm Breda italian APIT aircraft shell
20mm Breda italian AA / Armoured car
13mm german mg131 APi aircraft
20mm german mgFFm APi aircraft
15mm german mg151 HE aircraft / AA
20mm german mg151 HE minen aircraft
20mm german madsen naval AA
20mm german flak HE

20mm_002.jpg
Is it the Jap AA round its looks a bit like the jap copy of the french 25mm hotchkiss AA

Heres some more pics

From left to right

.50 cal drill US
.50 cal US
20mm oerlikon S AA
.50 vickers
.55 boys anti tank rifle
20mm hispano
13.2mm french AA

The projectile is definently a 20mm but the case is huge. I love these german 2cm flak and he and ap rounds but they are so hard to get here.

Hi DAZ,

You need some sunglass for al that shining brass at your Home B) .
Nice collection.

Cheers Mad.B)

Thanks mate its the sodding digital camera flash i'm a film man but it takes me a while to get the pics if i use film.

Daz, are you shure that is not a .50 BMG bullet in your .50 Vickers round? I have a couple of Vickers rounds and the bullets are much shorter and have a stubbier profile. Nice collection BTW, I mainly collect ammo 30mm and below. I take it all that stuff is inert.

It may well be but its a bit shorter than a .50 cal when it was out of the case I thought the tips were silver I only paid 2 for it off ebay a few years ago ,if anyones got a correct tip i'd be happy to buy it.

There were 2 common .50 Vickers loadings, Semi AP and Incendiary. S/AP was Cupro Nickel (silver) Jacketed and Incendiary was Copper as far as I know.

There were others eg. Ball, AP, Semi AP/Tracer etc. I think ball and AP were both discontinued before WW2 as Semi AP (mild steel core) was almost as effective as AP (hardened steel core) but far cheaper to manufacture than ball (lead core).

What is the headstamp on your round?

Nice headstamp, as well as Kynoch that indicates a Semi AP Tracer with nitrocellulose flake powder as opposed to cordite strand powder (the norm for WW2 era rounds of this calibre) made in 1943. What is the headstamp on your Boys?

Hi there friend right then the boys headstamp is RG42 WII
the breda armor piercing incendiery tracer is BPD S 41

The Boys is an AP Mark 2 made at The then newly opened Royal Ordnance Factory at Radway Green, Cheshire in 1942. A "W" Prefix before the mark number Indicates AP on Pre-Nato British ammunition.

The 12.7x81SR Breda was made at the Bombrini Parodi Delfino Aresenal, Rome, Italy in 1941. "S" On Italian 12.7 Breda ammunition stands for "Scopiante" (Explosive). I'm not sure if Incendiary loads had this headstamp as well.

Thanks so much for that mate anytime you want to id any of my rounds go ahead i find it dead interesting and can only research them myself so far with the limited resources available, buying an item of ordnance is only the beginning of enjoying it to me getting info is just as important.

Regards DAZ