What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few boxes

Super box collection, Endel!
What box in the lest picture "2.jpg"?
Have any markings on it?

Hi,

I have no idea, what for it, some markings are visible on it and some interesting marks inside too. Construction looks like some a earlier variant but dated 1939. Any ideas? Could be for smaller calibre, maybe 23 mm, not sure.

E

Attachments

• for small pr or (2).jpg
    for small pr or (2).jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 36
  • for small pr or (3).jpg
    for small pr or (3).jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 38
  • for small pr or (5).jpg
    for small pr or (5).jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 33
  • for small pr or (1).jpg
    for small pr or (1).jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 31
  • for small pr or (6).jpg
    for small pr or (6).jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 29
  • for small pr or.jpg
    for small pr or.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 35
Seems like no dealing experience here in this forum?

I will get some of those and i am not sure what is the normal price for that.

Thanks
E

E
I am sure that this is a rare case but it is also a weapon that is not as commonly known about.

The box condition and label are excellent. Much better than the example on the wehrmachts.kisten site. It would be very interesting to see what way the rockets held in the box.

For something like this it is my opinion there is no normal price and I think your own expertise will be the best guide you have for a value.

PC

E
I am sure that this is a rare case but it is also a weapon that is not as commonly known about.

The box condition and label are excellent. Much better than the example on the wehrmachts.kisten site. It would be very interesting to see what way the rockets held in the box.

Same interests here but i couldn`t find any info of package.

For something like this it is my opinion there is no normal price and I think your own expertise will be the best guide you have for a value.

PC
Thanks Paul for a friendly advice, you are right.

E

Last day was productive but expensive too, some new boxes are arrived and some small parts have along.:bigsmile:

All items are safe and checked!

E

Attachments

• IMGP4668.jpg
    IMGP4668.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 111
Hi,

got some new crates. One is for the cal. 7,70 bullets (.303 British), made in Birmingham, dated 1934.

E

Attachments

• icibullets2.jpg
    icibullets2.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 53
  • icibullets.jpg
    icibullets.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 56
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 54
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 59
  • b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 56
A new year has been started today, means this is a first local fair in this year. Some new crates and small peaces found a new home.

One question also, i do not have any ideas about that small tail of bomb (?), visible near a leaflet grenade... it is small, diameter is around 4 cm. Any ideas what for it was used?

Regards
E

Attachments

• 1.05.1.jpg
    1.05.1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 37flak1.jpg
    37flak1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 1.0511.jpg
    1.0511.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 1.05.11.jpg
    1.05.11.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 42eef98250a4fe1344eadb80104feaaa.jpg
    42eef98250a4fe1344eadb80104feaaa.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 54
  • 1.05.jpg
    1.05.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 37flak2.jpg
    37flak2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 41
A new year has been started today, means this is a first local fair in this year. Some new crates and small peaces found a new home.

Regards
E

Wow.....a very find collection of 3.7cm Flak ammo boxes with excellent internal parts. Just a shame that you couldn't find 3.7cm Pak boxes in such quantity. You have made a very good start already with such a large amount at the first fair.

Do the 3.7cm boxes have any rare labels or are they all HE shells?

PC

Please put more pics of the Flak boxes, they seem to be in perfect condition.I see the supermarket time has began again.

Wow.....a very find collection of 3.7cm Flak ammo boxes with excellent internal parts. Just a shame that you couldn't find 3.7cm Pak boxes in such quantity. You have made a very good start already with such a large amount at the first fair.

PC

is see he and ap shell labels

PC

Hi, that ones are all for the HE shells. Came from local island, inrerior is wery good but rusted surface is on outside. Presumably digged out from a flak pososition.

Regards
E

Hello Endel, going back to the first post in this thread here's a picture of the contents of the C207 container,,,,, Dave

HPIM6035.jpg

One a shubby bird arrived. :angel:

Regards
E

Attachments

• 2TMi.jpg
    2TMi.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 27
  • S_Co1937.jpg
    S_Co1937.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 28
  • tmi.jpg
    tmi.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 35
This one, Endel, seems to be a real cream piece. :top: Congrat's and thanks for sharing.

Came across this pic last year (no WaA-stamp visible)

IMG_2426.jpg

and since then I'm wondering about the manufacturer "S & Co."

The "WaA 170" on your fine example is a first serious clue, as there are in all many possible "S & Co."-variations. This special department was located in the area Leipzig/Zeitz (Saxonia), but all I could find there were four leatherworking and two packaging related manufacturers. It's very implausible that those producers have made such high quality metal products. :hmmmm2:

Wish someone might lighten this darkness.

Peter,
Any factory could have been turned to making other products for war. For example,the local wallpaper manufacturer here in my home town refurbished ammo boxes during ww2.

cheers

waff

You're right, Paul, much was possible during the war.
But it's impossible to convert a leatherworking factory into an iron foundry. And, most important in case of these high-quality racks, they are pre-war production, so called peace ware. There was no need for any manufacturing adventure then.
The question remains mysterious.