What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a little bit of airbrush

That picture needs to be displayed in a place of honor somewhere on this site.
True talent AND our favorite subject!
AWSOMENESS. Thats all I got...

Hi chris . Glad you like it ..im on a site called deviant art . .ive been putting most of my recent stuff on there under the name of hathorian. .but its not normally like this .:)

Like your bits on that site. My favorite is 'Doom'. Nice one

WB EDIT_edit_edit.jpg ive took a fresh photo through sepia .i think it looks good .regards Darrol.

Hi,
I think I like the sepia tone best. What software do you use?
Regards,
John

Hi,
I think I like the sepia tone best. What software do you use?
Regards,
John
Hi john.
I just used the sepia setting on the camera on my phone and took down the contrast .the original is black and white celly car paint.:)dont use computers much . . Im never sure what im doing with them .
Regards Darrol.

Thanks dave :)
I went to art collage for a couple of hours . . They wanted me to do a picture of a pile of boxes . .then told me i had to use bits of cloth and silver paper to create the pic . . . I walked out and never went back.
:bigsmile:
Darrol.
Really nice airbrushing Darrol.

I have always thought when people say "art college" that you can't "learn" art us such as art can be whatever you want it to. Doing something that you have been told to do by someone else isn't (in my opinion) what art is all about.

Where do you get the inspiration from? I notice the Alien ones obviously, but the rest are very distinctive.
Have you come across steam punk? That might be good for a few ideas!

Andrew
P.S have to ask, is the avatar on deviantart you?

Really nice airbrushing Darrol.

I have always thought when people say "art college" that you can't "learn" art us such as art can be whatever you want it to. Doing something that you have been told to do by someone else isn't (in my opinion) what art is all about.

Hi and thanks:)
Your not wrong there though. .all the collages can do is show you how to use youre tools correctly . . One young man went to a artists job interview with a portfolio of magazine clippings stuck on paper.

Where do you get the inspiration from? I notice the Alien ones obviously, but the rest are very distinctive.
Have you come across steam punk? That might be good for a few ideas!

Andrew
P.S have to ask, is the avatar on deviantart you?

Hi andrew .
I dont know where my ideas come from most of the time . .i normaly sit infront of ghe canvas and paint a dot then go from there . .its like a little surprise journey.:). The pic of mr mills was one i thought of painting for a while ( ive improved the pic earlier ) it looks right now .will have to remove the old picks and put the now complete one on inplace.
And yes the avatar is me :) . Just a little gothed up and smug lookin .
Darrol

raid.jpghi .finished this pic at the weekend and thought id show it here . not the sharpest photo but its clear enough:).
cheers Darrol

View attachment 68529hi .finished this pic at the weekend and thought id show it here . not the sharpest photo but its clear enough:).
cheers Darrol

Another great piece of artwork there Darrol. I am still learning airbrush (don't get much time for it), hopefully one day I will be able to produce something like that.

Thanks for showing and I look forward to seeing what comes next.

Darren

thanks Darren .you never completely learn as theres always surprises when your painting .ive been wanting to do a few ww1 period pics:).
cheers Darrol.

Hi Darrol,What a wonderful talent you have there,it make the planes I painted with water colours look a bit dismal,
Many thanks for showing and sharing,
Regards,
Don,

Thanks Don. :) i just picked it up over the years ..and im sure your artwork is perfectly fine .Cheers. Darrol .

Last edited:
hi everyone.its been a while but I thought I would share with you all my latest painting . .as its a ww1 themed pic so a few of you may like it . .even if it is a bit sombre.
regards.Darrol

Attachments

• the_whistle_by_hathorian-d795le6.jpg
    the_whistle_by_hathorian-d795le6.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 30
you have a lot of talent Darrol, not only in your artwork, but also in your composition.

great job, Kev

hi everyone.its been a while but I thought I would share with you all my latest painting . .as its a ww1 themed pic so a few of you may like it . .even if it is a bit sombre.
regards.Darrol

Just amazing, I gave up art at school when they asked me to draw a bottle!
Thanks for showing your masterpiece.
Dave.