What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a run in with the law

That's No Problem Waff i don't mind and hope things work out for you.
Best
Andy

Thank you Andy.

I advise everyone to get in touch with me by email if you want to avoid getting burnt too....
I will answer the as i get time as im on callout this week.

best

waff

Hi Q,

Ive insured the package for 500,the items plus posted Special Delivery Next Day(21) comes to 391.
Im just flapping that they will wriggle out of paying me up?
All ive asked for (several times to no avail) is who signed for the parcel so i can get the Old Bill involved.

best

waff

I'd guess (hope somebody can prove me wrong) that they'll only refund the value of the items (370) sent. You'd need to see there T&C.
The fact that the items you sent are prohibited could give them wiggle room to refuse a claim.

Thats what im thinking but the items are nothing more than expensive paperweights if you think about it?
Nothing was live,no primers or naff all!
This is why i think that the 'buyer' does this to others knowing (or thinking?) the Old Bill or the PO investigations wont get involved?

best

Waff

Agreed 'expensive paperweight' but the P.O. may feel differently, especially I they can save themselves some compensation.

Inert items are NOT prohibited.
They are classed as 'restricted'

Weapons and ammunition: Sporting firearms and most ammunition can be admitted conditionally as import. All these articles are subject to domestic controls on possession of the firearms and import licensing requirements for imports into the United Kingdom.Items which give the appearance of being a prohibited weapon or explosive ordnance, even if incapable of being used as a weapon, will be subject to closer scrutiny which will cause delay; and will be transported by road, rail, or sea, rather than by air.

The above,taken from the RM website,seems to suggest that the items will be inspected (as happened to me!),and then allowed to progress through the system,albit not by air.

Cheers,
Andy

Cheers lads,
So i may have a case(no pun intended!) when i kick off soon about compensation?

best

waff