What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should BOCN allow personal avatars to feature topless nudity?

• Yes - It's ok with me

Votes: 54 66.7%
  • No - BOCN Should not allow this

Votes: 27 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bolo

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Due to the mix of feelings on the avatar rules, I've decide the fairest way to decide whether or not to allow certain content to be used as an avatar is to let the membership decide SO I will create an anonymous poll allowing you to vote whether we should have restrictions on the content allowed.

Of course there has to be a limit, so certainly nothing extreme would ever be allowed.

Please bear in mind when registering on this site, there is an age check - if you are 13 or under you must first obtain your parents permission. This is inline with the COPPA age check (see http://www.coppa.org/ for more information)

So please spare a second to vote, at the end of the week we the admin will act upon the most votes and change the rules of the site accordingly and kindly ask our members to respect the decision based upon the result.

It's difficult to vote for something like that because everyone have another opinion of topless nudity.
A pinup drawing (like on the US bombers WW II) is beautiful and doesn't schock people, I think. But they are other topless nudity that .....

It's difficult to vote for something like that because everyone have another opinion of topless nudity.
A pinup drawing (like on the US bombers WW II) is beautiful and doesn't schock people, I think. But they are other topless nudity that .....

I agree with you but it is not the painted pin-up or the computer generated it is the photo-topless naked unclad breast's I am on about not the painted/computer ones

I will go with whatever the forum members decide

Rich.

You see them every where nowadays,on the beach,in news papers even in family rated films, so much so that it is more or less accepted but there is a time and a place ect.
Anyway if those puppies have brown noses can I buy one?:xd:
Tony

Any member here can also currently manually block other Members Avatars from appearing on his / her computer by using the following link path:

Quick Links > Edit Options > Thread Display Options > Uncheck The Box Labeled Show Avatars > Save Changes

FWIW I have not yet viewed anything here offensive enough to me for me to want to use this option, however it is an option already available if someone does.

I saw a guy having an adult toy in the shape of a grenade.. Found it a bit disturbing to look at.

I have to vote no for the very reason that this became an issue, this site is used by many people with a family, and having to explain why there are boobs on a grenade site to a daughter is not a good thing, however, if it is possible for the user to choose to block the avitars (this is possible) then I have no problem with boobs, as I have no children to have to explain this to. If it is decieded to keep the risqu avitars, thin I would ask that those who do not want them should have the opdion to block them in their user CP
Best wishes
Gus
ps I just read inertordnance's comment, so the blocking thing is already there, this is a great site inertordnance inertordnance

Last edited:
I have another question, should we allow members to have a bug in their avitar that drives me nuts? Jeez Bolo, that bug of yours is going to get my monitor broken:)
Best wishes
Gus

I have another question, should we allow members to have a bug in their avitar that drives me nuts? Jeez Bolo, that bug of yours is going to get my monitor broken:)
Best wishes
Gus

Lol, ok i'll put it to the public vote :)

Thanks for pointing that out, even I didn't know that was there!

Any member here can also currently manually block other Members Avatars from appearing on his / her computer by using the following link path:

Quick Links > Edit Options > Thread Display Options > Uncheck The Box Labeled Show Avatars > Save Changes

FWIW I have not yet viewed anything here offensive enough to me for me to want to use this option, however it is an option already available if someone does.

It seems to me this forum is a bit too democratic, my wife got me arubber mallet, and took away my hammer, so the bug can stay:)
Gus

The bug should stay!! I like it,...
And as far the avatars,they should stay too as long as not too rude.
Im glad this has been put to the vote as i was getting worried lately about Political Correctness creeping into this fine forum...
In my humble opinion,a site of this nature should be for the over 16's...

best

waff

I don't have a problem with boobs.:tinysmile_twink_t2: But I do have young daughters, and the point made of having to explain it to them is very valid. But, a much more valid point, is explaining to the wife, or girlfriend, why they're are boobs. "OH, that's why you're always on that "grenade" website." "I see what kind of "grenades" you're looking at!"

Heres a thought!
We dont seem to have many women members. Would such semi nude avatars be considered offensive and should we as a forum consider this? I think a good looking female avatar displaying all her attributes great. Would it put off the girls from joining though?

Andy

Two things,,

Ive also had to defend myself,after having a family member come into the room and see the avatar boobs. It was my mother.:tinysmile_angry2_t:

And at the same time,she saw the avatar bug and ran from the room,she thought it was a bee.:tinysmile_grin_t:

I had a huge reply formulated,but thanks to Spotter and Bolo,for the avatar blocking feature,the subject is closed for me.Except ma thinks Im nuts.:tinysmile_tongue_t: