What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beltring official when are you going post

Probably need a boat there today, its sheeting down at the moment. Bet its a bit muddy now, fingers crossed its a bit better tomorrow. At least the ground is still very firm as it will take a lot of rain to soften it much. Mind you, theres a lot coming down now.

Andy

Sack trucks/Barrows

For the information of the "heavy" Ordnance collectors here who are going to Beltring (I'm thinking Leeski here!) there are a number of stalls with "Sack Barrows/Trucks" for transporting all those lovely heavyweights back to the car-just look around and you will find someone who has one you can borrow.
The trip back to the car park is at least half a mile, and speaking from experience you do not want to carry heavy goods back to the car park !
Good hunting all !

Well what a great show it was this year, I was there from Wednesday to Sunday, spent too much drank too much and had a fantastic time. Met up with plenty of other BOCN members, will definitly be going back next year.
So much stuff to see and lots of boxes to rifle through, you never know whats lurking in the bottom just waiting to be found....!
Best regards Weasel.

Next years bash

And the date for next years event is 21st to 25th of July 2010 !

Seems to me that everyone who went came back with something.

An event well worth going to :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Last edited:
Hello Everybody, we just came back from Beltring, slept the whole monday, i like to thank all the BOCN members for a great time, Weasel i hope you are doing fine after all the nice drinks (you had to drink) for me and i think also for Madbomber it was a Beltring not to forget, next year on thursday evening we will have a grill and a drink for all the BOCN members. many thanks for a super nice week, Thanks Ben (fjordhouse)

Hi everyone,
I just finished unloading the van. I arrived back home at 1.30 a.m last night so im bloody knackered now.
Will post another thank you soon to all you BOCN members i met up with last week.
Cheers to Ben for destroying what little brain cells i had left by letting me drink the most evil tasting schnappes in history.:xd:
Im gonna have a quick look around the forum then im off out tonight on a hot date with 'Lady Chatterley'.... You boys i was talking to at Bens marquee the other night know the sketch.;)

laterz

waff

Well we would have seen the pictures Aswell but how did it go waff f*** f*** it's the wrong f***ing phone man awww for f*** sake it's the wrong f***ing phone man lol

From bazooka Chris

For me and i think also for Madbomber it was a Beltring not to forget.

Yes it whas still a little :sad:

And Waff and Weasel i still have a bottle left :xd:

Well we would have seen the pictures Aswell but how did it go waff f*** f*** it's the wrong f***ing phone man awww for f*** sake it's the wrong f***ing phone man lol

From bazooka Chris

:xd: Yeah,yeah chris. i will use the phone charger next time.:xd:

I just want to say a big thank you to the members of BOCN as i had a top time at Beltring this year.

Special thanks go to Charlie who kindly brought in a nokia phone car charger and saved my life!(the back up phone i have is naff),
Big shouts also to Jeeensy(restored stick grenade project for me),Bazooka Chris for locating that special something which my mucker Satan18 will be posting forthwith..
Hats off to Ben and madbomber and the other dutchmeisters for getting myself and good pal Weasel in a right state the other night,nice cigars by the way! :)
Cheers ChrisBMG50 for finding the nice stock mine and false charges,to my good pal Satan18 for bringing in my restored SD2 and having a general good criac with. Thank you to Burney Davis for nearly giving me heart failure when wound me up saying an item i had was a repro...its ok pal,i will get ya back! lol ;)
Great to see Chris 42RQ,Roller and Leeski(possibly BOCN's tallest member?)
I also hooked up with the Fuzeman,TimG,the laidback Lexpev and SG500 for the first time. Always good to see Quatermass,Munisionskiste,Panzerknacker,Tigbrand,RichB,Spotter,Rickoshea and young Falcon again(Falcon,stop using with-held number on your phone pal! lol)
Hopefully ive not missed anyone off the list tonight?

cheers

waff

Last edited:
Hi guys:
Well, Im afraid that I will have here a bad opinion about the fair:
It is not a fair for WWII ordnance collectors, I think it is a fair for the whole family who likes military. It was full of weapons, surplus stalls, an incredible ammount of repro obviously for reenactors, it is a fair for reenactors. A lot of stalls with toys, soft guns, etc. I expected more, much more. The best stall was the Bens one where I got the two best purchases of all the fair, (one SD1 Ex in red in MINT condition and one ANZ29 fuze MINT and 1938 dated), from a total of: two French 25mm for resell them here in Spain, (they wered used in the Spanish Civil War), a very nice 5cm PAK shell complet with base fuze and small aluminium parts, a blue unfired Flare, a Hebelzunder for Glasmine with 8 C23 primers from 1939, 1940, 1941 these got me excited because I was looking for them for complet my KWK round and a MINT unfired BZ39 Nebel 25 euro and thats all. Only the 5cm PAK was purchased at a British stall. And maybe the Flare, Im not sure. Me and my friend were expecting stalls full of rare German ammo, but no..... and the prices.. this is another problem. I found a couple of nice German M24 grenades, but when I asked prices.... :tinysmile_cry_t4: And the same when you asked for Mills and some other WWI grenades.
The first pictures of the 2009 fair with Ordnance you can see at pages 5 and 6 are the only ones I could find at the fair, I mean, you can see in those pics all the Ordnance at the fair. But the real thing who really worth the trip was to meet, (finally), with some friends only from the net since 4 years ago. It was very nice to talk with them without "clicking": Many thanks for all: Ben, Bens Daddy, Jack, Steve, John, Alan and a very surprising meeting with Alex one of my oldest internet friends with Ben. Alan was so concentrated looking some things at Bens stall that he gaves me a little fear :tinysmile_cry_t2:. I will post some pics.
Anyway if next year I can go, surelly I will go. But I have to plan it in other way.

Attachments

• IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0129.jpg
    IMG_0129.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0131.jpg
    IMG_0131.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Ooopss, I thought it was a Military Fair.... Please dont get anger with me, Im just kidding.... but I think Ciney is better.... :tinysmile_eyebrow_t

Attachments

• IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0133.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 33
More pics. Why a Spanish car under the tank?.... :stoned:

Attachments

• IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0120.jpg
    IMG_0120.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Last ones.

Attachments

• IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0123.jpg
    IMG_0123.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0130.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0149.jpg
    IMG_0149.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 24
thanks for posting these pictures!

Why a Spanish car under the tank?.... :stoned:

good morning, Miguel, proud Iberian!
don't worry about that car. As you know, Seat is a brand of the German Volkswagen company since many years.
so far a German car, manufactured in Spain, was sacrificed for this shot.
therefore Dano is right; the Kbel, also a Volkswagen, would have been the greater loss. :laugh:

Sorry Miguel that i missed you this time.I shall try and hook at Ciney if i can get time off to go. :)

best

waff

Why a Spanish car under the tank?.... :stoned:

good morning, Miguel, proud Iberian!
don't worry about that car. As you know, Seat is a brand of the German Volkswagen company since many years.
so far a German car, manufactured in Spain, was sacrificed for this shot.
therefore Dano is right; the Kbel, also a Volkswagen, would have been the greater loss. :laugh:

But that car is an old model of SEAT Ibiza, so it is totally Made In Spain. Surelly at the Martorell factory, near Barcelona. Next time I vote for put under the tank this stall.

Attachments

• IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 14