What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BOCN Guess what it is

Well Done Mike, You was correct Yoda always fuse part but needed the Grenade name,,, over to you Mike,,,,,, Dave

HPIM0009.jpgHPIM0008.jpg

Thanks Dave & Norman . I'll leave it to Norman again as he has many more interesting items than I do !

Thanks Dave & Norman . I'll leave it to Norman again as he has many more interesting items than I do !

If they believe that Mike...

Anyway here is an interesting contraption, shown in full for a quick answer:

WTF2136.JPG

Is it the head from an ionospheric or electrostatic research lightning rocket?

No, it is from a regular 3-inch anti-aircraft rocket. I guess I am looking for the fuze/pistol number or the inventor.

No, it is from a regular 3-inch anti-aircraft rocket. I guess I am looking for the fuze/pistol number or the inventor.

Time to move this on. I am not absolutely sure that this is a 717 fuze because I do not have any corroborating evidence but according to a label attached to it, it is "Shoenberg's R-C Fuze" (R-C = Resistor-Condenser). Dr David Shoenberg (son of Sir Isaac - inventor of high definition television and worked at EMI) designed this fuze at the Royal Society Mond Laboratory, Cambridge in about 1941. My notes from Hogg attribute Shoenberg's work to the Fuze, Time, Continuously Adjustable, No 717 /N/. I take it that the fuze was 'continuously adjustable' until it left the launch platform.

Over to Spotter.

Arming vane yes,British yes,,but its not a No848

heres a bit more

guess what it is www.bocn.co.uk  (5) - Copy - Copy.JPG

Last edited: