What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BOCN Guess what it is

Thanks Allan.

So what's the museum exhibit shown? The grey metal bar at the bottom is a modern supporting bracket.

Attachments

• Luis Cypher_1.JPG
    Luis Cypher_1.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 48
Just another guess,friction firing device,

Don,

You have it. It wasn't quite what I was looking for but the firing mechanism does rely on an element of friction.

The device replaces the extension rod on a No 5 Switch to allow delayed automatic setting of the switch when used for attacking railway tracks. The delay is provided by a Time Pencil mechanism and the automatic setting rod was an earlier development. The three versions (standard, automatic, delayed automatic) are shown in the image below with some other clutter. Over to you Don.

wtf0714ans.jpg

Thanks Bonnex,I knew it was some kind of firing device but I did not have a clue which one,I have seen similar items in pics so it was just a guess based on what I had seen in the pics,many thanks for the description and explanation,
I regret I am still unable to post pics,,,but I am working on it,so could someone take up the challenge so to speak and post a pic,
Many thanks,
Regards,
Don,

OK Don here is one on your behalf. Relatively modern and used on both sides of the Atlantic so should be snapped up.

wtf0714b-question.JPG