What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British army current issue training Grenades

As a taxpayer I think they should be returned to the Army who should use them for the purpose they were bought for. They are mint, unused and probably cost the taxpayer a fortune.

I'm happy with used and worn items being disposed of but these are in a different class.

Evan as a collector if these grenades hit my desk then they would be off to shoeburyness or EOD to dispose off or destroy. Yes this appears to be a wasteful use of resource's, You have an open box, you know nothing about how it has been stored or used. questions to ask are they all the same batch (BKI), what is the BKI, have they been subjected to any outside forces, heat, cold, chemical or vibration that could cause them to fail at a later date. are there any other factor's that may effect the safe use of this item i.e. outside of the MOD's control for a period of time. This type of procedure is adopted to ensure that any open suspect/returned boxes are not put back into the system and do not put our troops at risk. A waste maybe but if you have any doubt then off to shoeburyness for them hopefully they would end up in an MOD sale as scrap. You would not put them back into service.

Richard

I think it's rather unusual that the 'owners' of the 'tip' didn't have major panic with these...yes they are only practice grenades but the 'norm' would be major hysterics with anything remotely looking like ordnance these days.

Hey Kradman....I'm also a tax payer and have been for too long,as far as I'm concerned you can have them mate and have a nice tax rebate when you sell them :wink: