What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay again!

One of the problems with ebay is that they apply some laws that only apply only to some US States to the whole bloody world. Like the 'Grenades have to be filled with resin' stuff which is Californian law. Yet they probably screwed up thousands of grenades worldwide to comply with one states' law. Total utter madness.

John

I agree with you John,

Feebay are a law unto themselves and a monopoly too when joined to paypal that should be challenged in court. I wish i had the dosh to have a go at them.

Just isnt right that they should behave as they do, make us feel like criminals selling stuff thats perfectly legal to own in the UK.

Andy

I just won and auction on e-bay for a 76mm M42 round there was also a 76mm APC that sold thwere last week
But there was a fellow that had a 90mm and a 105mm up on the auction about two days ago that got crushed by them there e-bay nazis I used to do tons of business through e-bay and now only keep my account open in case something slips through
Undoubtably there's some smuck that is pissed that his stuff got crushed so he's putting the heat on others When I see something that " violates the e-bay policy" I put it on my watch list or bid on it then contact the seller and ask him to send me and e-mail just in case his/her item is dumped. Thats all I'm gona say about that. :)

hey Andy
It's perfectly legal to own in the US too. But like you say they are their own police force and yes a monopoly that so far has eluded the FTC and any attempt to bring them down. If it can happen too mirco soft it can happen to them. Just takes the right people and the right amount of money to do it.

I agree with you Ord,

they need to be taken down and one day i think they will be, as you say, if a company as big and with all the resources of microsoft can be told what to do then Feebay will ultimately get stuffed too. When it does, ile drink to that.

However bits do get through now and then that dont get spotted by some sad loser who has had all his stuff KO'd in the past.

Mind you, there are other websites selling stuff to, most of whom are open to offers as i have found recently, especially if its been for sale for a while. Pays to ask, costs nowt to do so and you might get lucky, i did of late.

Andy