What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elaz 17A variant

ok thanks for the numbers, Phil.

I just have a look on my 17 type.
Its marked EL.A.Z. (17) Rh.S. 1940 2c but the LZtZus Z (17) which comes with it, has two different manufacturer marks.
on one side AA 10d 1940 and other side just below upper edge
FM 11d 40 on the same piece of aluminium

So Rh.S. is Rheinmetall Smmerda Code the other I cannot decode at the moment.

attached a few pics, unfortunately the AA code is not to be seen here.

Problem is, that it is not possible for me to say if the fuze and the additional long delay fuze have been together when recovered whereever this may have been. So I cannot say if we have here a genuine fuze set with not matching numbers or a set built together from different fuze parts.

regards
nudelmannrichter

Attachments

• elaz17.jpg
    elaz17.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 45
  • elaz17_1.jpg
    elaz17_1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 46
  • elaz17_2.jpg
    elaz17_2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 44
  • elaz17_3.jpg
    elaz17_3.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 39
  • elaz17_4.jpg
    elaz17_4.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 49
  • elaz17_5.jpg
    elaz17_5.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 38
Bravo on that lovely set mate! :)

It does not matter if it is a 'mix and match' as they are not easy to to find a 17 with external clock. I have one but dare not strip it in case something breaks.

As previously mentioned,there could well be different parts made at different factories. i would not worry.

best

waff

Just had a quick look at my lot and it seems that 6 out of the 8 x 17A's i have are indeed matchers. :)

best

waff