What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Film hidden in 30mm ADEN????

As I know mods hate links with a passion, here's the page :xd:

Attachments

• qqw.jpg
    qqw.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 49
  • qw.jpg
    qw.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 47
  • q.jpg
    q.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 59
  • ap2.jpg
    ap2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 75
  • ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 51
30mm ADEN

What a load of rubbish.

Maybe someone did store a roll of 120 film in the case but the rest of the detail is nonsense

For a start the Aden is postwar (because it was copied from the Germans anyway) and there was no arsenal at Chelsea anyway, only a barracks.

The stamping round the rim will almost certainly include "CY" which we all know is Chorley, not Chelsea.

I think I will save my 15!

Regards
TonyE

This is one of the reasons i wrote my fuze guide to dis-spell the crap about bomb fuzes like the (25) series being meggar rare Yea only about 2.2 million made, this guy selling this round should be banned. thats fuzeman runting on again .

:xd: Yes that Aden is quite laughable!

The thing is though,how is the guy managing to sell on evilbay anyway?

Thought all ammo was banned???

W

Hi Paul
Ebay have changed their rules again ! ive seen grenades for sale on the site , as well as fuzes recently Tangmere museum was run by Andy Saunders himself an ebay seller i wouldnt think he would endorse that sellers statement

Last edited by a moderator:
Film sale !!

I think it is is a rather novel way of selling a roll of film !
the container that comes with it may be common but I think he should re think the price-maybe 10 Pence or the like !

What gets me is the amount of bids already on what amounts to a load dog s#it in a cracked jar for sale !!!

sucker

Almost as bad if someone offered up the original watermelon from the 1930's three stooges episode that had the microfilm hidden inside. P.T. Barnum said it best. there's a sucker born every minute..Dano

Well chaps ive written to the guy will let you know his response if and when i get one he is also selling tropical slugs which i think is illegal!

Ebay sellers reponse to fuzeman

Heres the guys response to that ebay seller , trying to say that a roll of German film was found in a projectile .

That info came from Tangmere open air museum who took the number off the shell, i know its been fired, obviously the attitude you are using you think you know more than a military museum,,DONT THINK SO!!! and there was an arsenal in chealsea if you check your history

Oh Dear i think ive P*****D him off he he

Hi Lee
Ive allready replied informing him of the code CY is Chorley not Chelsea will post his reply if any on here.
Its no good helping some people
Steve

Hi Paul
Its my fault trying to help , i should have learnt by now . its a great looking fuze collection have you counted the variations yet, im about tyo do mine later this afternoon.Just received 2 British bomb pistols a No28 and a no30 both untouched sinse being dug up , im soaking them in WD40 but recon they will strip nicely .

Hi Paul
Its my fault trying to help , i should have learnt by now . its a great looking fuze collection have you counted the variations yet, im about tyo do mine later this afternoon.

Not yet,i was recalled into work today thankfully.
Shall try and have a gander later but its footy and beer night at my pals house..oh,and we have to sort out his stag do for his impending wedding(the poor sod! lol)

Dont worry about that ebay bloke,he sounds like a right tosser anyway.

W