What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Film hidden in 30mm ADEN????

:xd: Yes that Aden is quite laughable!

The thing is though,how is the guy managing to sell on evilbay anyway?

Thought all ammo was banned???

W
Hi Waff you can still get things past the idiots by listing under trench art,paper weights ect, won a bayonet the other week by looking under frogs & in all the plastic,china & toy frogs was a bayonet in a frog!!!
Cheers Tony

Here is a ditty for you budding photogs out there, may not have any relevance but its something that collectors of old film negative seem to miss and as EOD, we have on many occasions been tasked to destroy such items:

Cellulose Nitrate was first used as a base for photographic roll
film by George Eastman in 1889 and was used for
photographic and professional 35mm motion picture film until
the 1950s. It is highly inflammable and also decomposes to a
dangerous condition with age. When new, nitrate film could be
ignited with the heat of a cigarette; partially decomposed, it
can ignite spontaneously at temperatures as low as 120 F
(49C). Nitrate film burns rapidly, fuelled by its own oxygen, and
releases toxic fumes.

I am not saying this film has dangers but as an aside it just makes interesting reading

http://www.nationalmediamuseum.org.uk/pdfs/nitratefilm.pdf

Last edited:
Heres the latest reply from that IQ Zero e-bayer its classic

Actually I took the auction off untill i have been back to Tanmere to make sure i got the facts right, they said it was Chealsea where it was manufactured but will get them to conform it, if you are such an expert maybe you could change your attitude a bit and maybe pass your opinion on in a more civil matter

OOOOOOOO He is realled P****d off with me
Steve

PS my reply to him will really P**s him off

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the guy is deceiving himself here is his latest reply to me
Dear fuzeman,

Not willing to be helped, as soon as you mentioned there might be a problem i removed the listing until i have it reconfirmed, the camera film will be going to the british museum to be confirmed as well, Then i will relist it, there are too many so called profesionals on ebay who have the wrong attitude when apparently trying to help others, if you have an opinion then put it across a bit better in future! I am not an avid collector of these items though i have over 900 items to list that i have picked up over the last 30 odd years from detecting and inheriting all of which are from the 1st and second wotld war and most of which have been on display in the imperial war museum

So there we have it gentlemen the film is going to the british museum , we will see what DEVELOPS he he groan