What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those of you who are curious about the current value of marked M67's

Justin just out of curiosity, as it seems you've done your usual amout of research, why is it even still available? It IS a very nice piece.

Hey Jolly, yes it certainly is a nice original. I already have an earlier one(8-70) so no need to pay that much for one that I already have beat! I doubt it will hit it's reserve, but it should be a good indicator of marked M67 value - it's already made quite a statement! It is a less common variation so its worth more than the the mid '70's types that usually are available, but it seems most people don't know the difference.

I want to see a marked US Lemon run it's course in an online auction environment. I think it would surprise more than a few people.

Last edited:
Sick that it has his $700, or sick that the owner thinks that it is worth more?

It is the consumer that drives the prices on these pieces up. supply and demand. I don't see the justice where a 100 year old piece that saw a WORLD WAR would be a fraction of the price of a 35-40 year old piece. I can throw 1000.00 at WW1 and do some major damage, throw the same 1000.00 at Vietnam and you don't even make a dent. It is not my intent to knock the collectibles of any era, but I just don't see it. One of the reasons I started to collect Vietnam was I figured it to be less expensive. Boy was I ever wrong. So now it is back to my first collecting/lore love The Great War (with both barrels). I get it, I really do. People are collecting Vietnam and I think 1 major reason is there are many vets still around and people tend to collect what they once knew in their lives. But as with any hobby, when prices sky-rocket out of control, the bottom just could fall out. I am not knocking what anyone collects, merely offering an old rummys opinion on the game......Dano

Sick that it has his $700, or sick that the owner thinks that it is worth more?

Both. I can say that these early ones with the smooth paint are highly desirable, but that's a big number for a post 60's M67. But things would be different if it had a 60's date or if was a marked M33. That's big money.

I'm sorry, but I think its getting stupid, just that someone offered that. Now everyone will think that theirs is worth $1000 or more - idiots.

The reserve is a G.

Makes me wonder what a marked M61 or other marked Lemon would do. I'd list one of mine as a test, but I am not looking to sell any of mine and with people like this around, it would probably sell.

Last edited:
If i'd of known what prices they brought back then, I'd'a been an inerting FOOL!!!! (As opposed to a fool inerting).

Well I hate to say it because I think the seller is a good guy but I've seen this happen to others, I just hope he ends up getting paid.
For me the price is rediculous. It's what drives the prices out of range of little guys like myself.

I'll just have to be content feeding down here at the bottom.
animal-smiley-011.gif

Both. I can say that these early ones with the smooth paint are highly desirable, but that's a big number for a post 60's M67. But things would be different if it had a 60's date or if was a marked M33. That's big money.

What for you, me and others is a big money, for other people is just a few coins, you have to think in this.

HOLY SH---T!!!!!
two grand and change
The buyer must be independently rich and a fool
I'm glad I got one in the collection
Hell I need to insure it and put it in my retirement fund
Crap like this just makes collecting impossible
Looks like I'm going to get away from any Hand thrown devices
Just getting way to expensive

The reserve is a G.

Makes me wonder what a marked M61 or other marked Lemon would do. I'd list one of mine as a test, but I am not looking to sell any of mine and with people like this around, it would probably sell.

Just think what that marked M26 of yours would bring! That's a down payment on a nice ride! At that rate my Lemon and Baseball shelf would buy me half a Nissan GT-R. I never could have imagined that auction would get to that level!

HOLY SH---T!!!!!
two grand and change
The buyer must be independently rich and a fool
I'm glad I got one in the collection
Hell I need to insure it and put it in my retirement fund
Crap like this just makes collecting impossible
Looks like I'm going to get away from any Hand thrown devices
Just getting way to expensive

Remember, just because a fool paid that doesn't mean it's worth it. Now you are talking like all of the idiots we criticize on these threads - Every line we type in "support" feeds those who think a new value is out there. Two collectors got stupid and it hurt everyone that collects, full stop.

Not an idiot thank you, just giving an example based on what this particular auction brought. $2,000 is beyond crazy money for an M67, I'm sure we're all in agreement there. But the fact remains that it happened, and it took more than one person bidding to get it there so clearly some are willing to pay those prices. Does it make it worth that much? No. But is there a Kelly Blue Book for grenades? No again. Value is based on demand and there certainly seems to be some.

I don't think many(if any) of us here would have paid anything like that for an M67, but it's a good example that shows what can happen when a nice item is offered in a competitive situation.

Remember, just because a fool paid that doesn't mean it's worth it. Now you are talking like all of the idiots we criticize on these threads - Every line we type in "support" feeds those who think a new value is out there. Two collectors got stupid and it hurt everyone that collects, full stop.