What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just a couple of photos of 77mm SG113A aircraft rounds I have in the collection. The one still has the base plate on it.

Dave.

Attachments

• SG113A 003.jpg
    SG113A 003.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 67
  • SG113A 001.jpg
    SG113A 001.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 75
  • SG113A 002.jpg
    SG113A 002.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 61
Just a couple of photos of 77mm SG113A aircraft rounds I have in the collection. The one still has the base plate on it.

Dave.

Nice one Dave,I almost missed your post. Those are fantastic,,,

I got lucky and ran into one at a flee market. Had the storage tube too but it was really degraded.

.3.7cmWolf 006.jpg3.7cmWolf 011.jpg3.7cmWolf 010.jpg

Thanks Andy,Might have to revive that thread huh??? That and looks like I need to get this bullet out of the case somehow,,,,

Cracking round Weasel,

Hard to get hold of aswell. I managed to get a cross sectioned example recently which I've enclosed a few images of.

Developed for use in Schrage Musik installations on Nachtjagd aircraft the projectile was used in both MG FFM and MG151/20 rounds. Fitted with the Hydrostatic AZ9501 it was designed to detonate the incendiary composition inside wing fuel tanks, the favourite aiming point with Schrage Musik. No tracer

mg151 008.jpgmg151 004.jpgmg151 006.jpg

was used in this application so as to keep this weapons use secret.

MG FFM M Geschoss for comparison. (top)

Without doubt this round cost the lives of many brave Bomber Command aircrew without them having knowledge of Schrage Musik's existance.

Nice bullet Lou, you did well there.

not really, always keep the eyes open! It's a well known reproduction/fake sold as original. It has been turned on a lathe from a single bar of iron including the driving band. Fortunately, the fakers are not able to produce FES (sintered iron) driving bands.