What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German bomb fuse collectors

satan18

Just out of interest but how many German bomb fuse collectors do we have on BOCN.

There seems to be an up and coming interest of late and are they all new members or just the old hands collectors.

At one point it seemed to be a minority percentage that collected Them but not now.

Stand up and be counted:xd:

Best phil

Absolutely! {Should be fairly obvious from my threads....:wink:}

Apart from German, collect Japanese, British, US, Russian, ......even "Martian" ones (if they existed!).
Cheers
Drew

Absolutely! {Should be fairly obvious from my threads....:wink:}

Apart from German, collect Japanese, British, US, Russian, ......even "Martian" ones (if they existed!).
Cheers
Drew

Nice one Drew. :)
Do you have any german ww2 bomb fuzes to show us please?

cheers

waff

Nice one Drew. :)
Do you have any german ww2 bomb fuzes to show us please?

cheers

waff

Hear hear:xd:

Lets have a little spree on one subject that was way ahead of its time
and is all hidden by a 50mm Dia ally case.

I will start the ball rolling very shortly.

Best phil

Hi Waff,

WHAT?
You mean that I have to actually "own" some to collect them!!!:frown:

[I collect torpedo fuses too - but I haven't been fortunate enough to own one, unless I can find some Clarke Co. Bomb fuse information that states it was also used on torpedos :wink:]

From memory there is one perhaps two???......but I need to sort out what's in "storage"......here are two "treasure chests" that I just started to rumble through....but there is another box somewhere???

Will post when they have been "found"
Cheers
Drew

Attachments

• DSCN3150.jpg
    DSCN3150.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 180
Hi Waff,

WHAT?
You mean that I have to actually "own" some to collect them!!!:frown:

[I collect torpedo fuses too - but I haven't been fortunate enough to own one, unless I can find some Clarke Co. Bomb fuse information that states it was also used on torpedos :wink:]

From memory there is one perhaps two???......but I need to sort out what's in "storage"......here are two "treasure chests" that I just started to rumble through....but there is another box somewhere???

Will post when they have been "found"
Cheers
Drew

Nice one Drew

Now this is what we like,boxes of stash (for the veiwing of)

Torpedos now thats a nice subject that doesnt crop up that often.

A little bit more info and poss a pic or two of what goes in what and that will be great as i know absolutely nothing on torpedos.

Best phil

Hear hear:xd:

Lets have a little spree on one subject that was way ahead of its time
and is all hidden by a 50mm Dia ally case.

I will start the ball rolling very shortly.

Best phil

Ah Ha, so it is obvious that both "Waff" and "Satan" are actually "twin fuses" for a German aerial bomb!

......I'm just curious which one is the "Nose end" and who is the "tail end" LOL
:xd::xd::xd:

Torpedos now thats a nice subject that doesnt crop up that often.

A little bit more info and poss a pic or two of what goes in what and that will be great as i know absolutely nothing on torpedos.

Best phil

Actually I DO have a WW2 vintage German torpedo gyro.....now for the mechanism buffs, this is one piece of fine German workmanship.

I'll post a pic and the detail operation in the next couple of days - it took me 6 mths of googling to finally confirm how the gyro actually worked with the compressed air system....but more on that later
Cheers
Drew

Here's some of mine.

Attachments

• DSCN1145.jpg
    DSCN1145.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 187
Here's some of mine.

WOW that's a really excellent collection, I'd think Waff and Satan have just fallen off their chairs in shock!

I don't collect German bomb fuzes except all the variations of butterfly bomb fuzes, will post a photo of them in the next few days.

Dave.

I would certainly like to , but only fuses i have at present are US and British.
cheers Bob

I'm in. I don't have a photo at the moment. I do have a complete SK250 and a couple of bodies to go with them.

Hello Phil! I wanted to show you times my bomb fuze collection! What do you mean? Greeting Harry:hello:

Attachments

• Bild 479.jpg
    Bild 479.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 126
  • Bild 480.jpg
    Bild 480.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 128
  • Bild 481.jpg
    Bild 481.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 124
  • Bild 482.jpg
    Bild 482.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 117
Fuse2004,

Now that's one serious collection of propellers (sorry impellers)!!!!!

Very nice indeed.....
Cheers
Drew

WOW that's a really excellent collection, I'd think Waff and Satan have just fallen off their chairs in shock!

I don't collect German bomb fuzes except all the variations of butterfly bomb fuzes, will post a photo of them in the next few days.

Dave.

Hi Dave

Its nice to have a blast out of all our collections and i must say that there is some mouth watering goodies displayed by everyone,but not to let the side down hear is a tipy est tip of my collection and ashamed to say not very well displayed (yet).

Keep them fuses coming lads :xd:

Attachments

• Some of my Fuses 003.jpg
    Some of my Fuses 003.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Some of my Fuses 001.jpg
    Some of my Fuses 001.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Some of my Fuses 002.jpg
    Some of my Fuses 002.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 105
Ah Ha, so it is obvious that both "Waff" and "Satan" are actually "twin fuses" for a German aerial bomb!

......I'm just curious which one is the "Nose end" and who is the "tail end" LOL
:xd::xd::xd:

Only on one condition would i share a 250 KG twin fuse pocket with Waff
and thats no currys or fire water:xd:eek:h and i would have to be the Elaz17
and Waff can be the 50B y (do not disturb) sorry bud

Best phil

Howdy Phil, I don't think I fit into the area that you're after, but if it has to do with WWI, I am there. Just last night I had the opportunity to see a German WW1 aerial bomb fuze, and my friend it was nothing short of a thing of beaury. Also, I have nothing but respect for what you and Waff are doing with the WWII aerial bomb fuzes. Your "rescue missions" are nothing short of amazing. As I said WWII is not my cup of tea but I really do enjoy the restorations you guys take on. i have respect for every aspect of ordnance restoration/rescue and my cap is tipped to you guys for your excellent efforts. Respect forever...Dano