What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German bomb fuse collectors

Only on one condition would i share a 250 KG twin fuse pocket with Waff
and thats no currys or fire water:xd:eek:h and i would have to be the Elaz17
and Waff can be the 50B y (do not disturb) sorry bud

Best phil

:wink: yeah,like it!! lol

I shall get a pic of my collection asap. :)
Im afraid its not right tidy either!

cheers

waff

I feel very humbled here in the presence of all these amazing fuze collections, most impressive indeed.

Here's a photo of my modest collection of German fuzes:

All SD2 fuzes

Top row are:
41a, 67 (with dummy switch), 70B

Bottom row are
41, 67, 70B2

Dave.

Attachments

• German fuzes.jpg
    German fuzes.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 44
Ok,i got a visitor tonight so i havnt long to post this.

Here is my meagre collection.
1st pic,for sale..
2nd,some to be processed for the collection,a couple in there been removed from the collection to be photographed for a pal working on a new project...They are going to be famous!! ;)
3rdand 4th,to be tidied!! :p

cheers

waff

Attachments

• S7006640.jpg
    S7006640.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 99
  • S7006641.jpg
    S7006641.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 108
  • S7006642.jpg
    S7006642.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 109
  • S7006643.jpg
    S7006643.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Howdy Phil, I don't think I fit into the area that you're after, but if it has to do with WWI, I am there. Just last night I had the opportunity to see a German WW1 aerial bomb fuze, and my friend it was nothing short of a thing of beaury. Also, I have nothing but respect for what you and Waff are doing with the WWII aerial bomb fuzes. Your "rescue missions" are nothing short of amazing. As I said WWII is not my cup of tea but I really do enjoy the restorations you guys take on. i have respect for every aspect of ordnance restoration/rescue and my cap is tipped to you guys for your excellent efforts. Respect forever...Dano

Thanks Dano

Its allways good to hear and see your enthusiastic replies to all collections whether WW1 or 2,and your scale of acheivement and collection especially
as most of it has travelled a lot further than most,must be a reward on its own.

This is for me is just a nice airing for people to show what they have acheived,and basically what a lot of hard work has gone into what they have.

As ever Dano allways a pleasure

Best phil

Ok,i got a visitor tonight so i havnt long to post this.

Here is my meagre collection.
1st pic,for sale..
2nd,some to be processed for the collection,a couple in there been removed from the collection to be photographed for a pal working on a new project...They are going to be famous!! ;)
3rd,to be tidied!! :p

cheers

waff

Saggy shelves and a lot of good quality examples there mate
Its allways nice to do the line ups although once the glass cabinets are assembled then with well placed lighting we are on a winner.

Nice pics

Best phil

Saggy shelves and a lot of good quality examples there mate
Its allways nice to do the line ups although once the glass cabinets are assembled then with well placed lighting we are on a winner.

Nice pics

Best phil

Good idea old chap but the only cabinet i can fit in the room is stuffed with my collection of shoulderboards and medals!
Throw in the odd other german item and its full! :tinysmile_cry_t2:
Those shelves will get a makeover soon,i think i will display them like Harry's. :)

best
waff

Wow, some really nice collections shown!! Well done to all in amassing such nice displays...

Like Dave (SG500) I collect any fuzes connected with the butterfly bomb, both SD2 and American M83.

I also collect the fuzes from the containers they were dropped in, so somewhat limited compared to most!!

regards
Kev

Wow, some really nice collections shown!! Well done to all in amassing such nice displays...

Like Dave (SG500) I collect any fuzes connected with the butterfly bomb, both SD2 and American M83.

I also collect the fuzes from the containers they were dropped in, so somewhat limited compared to most!!

regards
Kev
Thanks Kev
There is some prety impressive kit out there and probably each and every one of us has a story to tell about about out best finds which is what makes the hobby so addictive.

From the smallest bit of schrapnel to a V2 its all good to me.

Best phil

Now this is a WW2 German BOMB fuse!!!!

Hi All,

So you want to see a REAL WW2 German bomb fuse???

Check out this beauty - J- Feder 504 Fuse

It has a (wait for it!) two week timer!!!!!

It was "famous" as it was used to blow up the Athens PO 1-2 weeks after the liberation

Enjoy!

Cheers
Drew

Attachments

• DSCN3388.jpg
    DSCN3388.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN3383.jpg
    DSCN3383.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCN3387.jpg
    DSCN3387.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN3384.jpg
    DSCN3384.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCN3386.jpg
    DSCN3386.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 39
Hi All,

It was "famous" as it was used to blow up the Athens PO 1-2 weeks after the liberation

Enjoy!

Cheers
Drew

Very,very nice!

I almost bought one at Beltring,but diverted the cash to something else.

cheers for showing it Drew. :)

best

waff

Hi All,

Enjoy!

Cheers
Drew

nice one, Drew, always interesting to see a Feder with lower numbering than the very late and more common 25000er-pieces.

but this is definitely not a bomb fuse but engineer-equipment.

J-Feder 504 Nr.9536-0.jpg

but this is definitely not a bomb fuse but engineer-equipment.

View attachment 36735

Hi Sudelmuk,

Yes you are correct in the "traditional" sense it is not........but never-the-less it is a long-delay fuse used for demolition (which normally means "blowing things up!"), and depending on the "engineering creativity" of the sapper [improvising unexploded aerial bombs etc] , can adapt it easily into a "bomb fuse" and hence much more versatile!

Remember you are only limited by your imagination.....if you have no imagination, then you are not limited :bigsmile:
Cheers
Drew

Hi Sudelmuk,

Yes you are correct in the "traditional" sense it is not........but never-the-less it is a long-delay fuse used for demolition (which normally means "blowing things up!"), and depending on the "engineering creativity" of the sapper [improvising unexploded aerial bombs etc] , can adapt it easily into a "bomb fuse" and hence much more versatile!

Remember you are only limited by your imagination.....if you have no imagination, then you are not limited :bigsmile:
Cheers
Drew

Thanks for showing,as this must be the daddy of them all.
as one comment suggested,this is a peice of engineering at its best.

Best phil

Mills Bomber

This is my collection at the moment

Attachments

• HPIM5365.JPG
    HPIM5365.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 82
  • HPIM5371.JPG
    HPIM5371.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 82
  • HPIM5370.JPG
    HPIM5370.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 89
  • HPIM5366.JPG
    HPIM5366.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 88
Fuse boards

These are some boards I also have but are in need of some restoration, there are some truly amazing collections out there

Attachments

• HPIM5372.JPG
    HPIM5372.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 69
  • HPIM5373.JPG
    HPIM5373.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 61
  • HPIM5374.JPG
    HPIM5374.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 60
  • HPIM5376.JPG
    HPIM5376.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 58
  • HPIM5377.JPG
    HPIM5377.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 45
  • HPIM5378.JPG
    HPIM5378.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 48
  • HPIM5379.JPG
    HPIM5379.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 43
  • HPIM5380.JPG
    HPIM5380.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 41
Superb posts Millsbomber and Subs!! OMG,im drooling looking at that lot!!! :p
I shall have a look through my 'decapitated' fuze collection to see if i can find you a fuze boss/head for that empty board my friend.

cheers

waff

Last edited: