What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grenade I.D Please?

Have you tried a magnet on it ? it looks like a solid resin model to me. The fuze is real enough though.

Have you tried a magnet on it ? it looks like a solid resin model to me. The fuze is real enough though.

After further investigation i think you may well be correct there. Although it does weigh a bit it is not magnetic, i tapped the inside where the fuze goes with a screwdriver and it does sound resin or similar to me. Definatlly not metal.

I am assuming that this would indicate a model and not a practice grenade?

Im assuming that this would have little value if i were to offer for swap or put up for auction?

Cheers,
Darren

After further investigation i think you may well be correct there. Although it does weigh a bit it is not magnetic, i tapped the inside where the fuze goes with a screwdriver and it does sound resin or similar to me. Definatlly not metal.

I am assuming that this would indicate a model and not a practice grenade?

Im assuming that this would have little value if i were to offer for swap or put up for auction?

Cheers,
Darren

I don't have many American grenades but I'm pretty sure that the proper M67 practice grenade, which is an M69, is hollow and has a hole in the base. It is designed to take a small charge to mark where it has landed.
I would say that it is more of a reproduction, probably valued at the same as the resin models of Mills bombs etc, but yeah, the fuze is fine.

Sorry D, novelty value only I'm afraid,:tinysmile_cry_t2: but good paperwieght anyway !

Sorry D, novelty value only I'm afraid,:tinysmile_cry_t2: but good paperwieght anyway !

Ah well, never mind.

Grenades are not really my thing so was going to keep it aside for a swap if it was worth anything. It arrived in a box of other stuff that i purchased as a joblot. Bit of a bad buy though i think as many of of the 20mm - 30mm rounds also have what look to be resin/wood projectiles.

just my luck!

Cheers for all of the input and help guys,
Darren

Hi. Here's a cutaway I did a couple of years back of an M69 (I'd run out of good stuff to section:tinysmile_angry2_t:). You'll see there's nothing inside. Cheers Colin

I don't have many American grenades but I'm pretty sure that the proper M67 practice grenade, which is an M69, is hollow and has a hole in the base. It is designed to take a small charge to mark where it has landed.
I would say that it is more of a reproduction, probably valued at the same as the resin models of Mills bombs etc, but yeah, the fuze is fine.

Attachments

• 1 m69.jpg
    1 m69.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 20