What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How young is everyone

44 next April:sad:
Been collecting since 78 when i was given my first 6pdr case:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Never looked back,made some good friends along the way:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Best phil

In secound place

and near dead at 58.5 -----

been at this in one form or another since the age of 15.

I think Bartelson JR is winning ,

We could start a death pool and the winner gets first dibs on the stuff:xd:

How young is everyone here we have pre pubessant looking weasel to middle of the row Waff to borderline old fart me and fuzeman.This is going from pictures of course so dont be shy how young are you all?

I'm 36 age not stone (but close)

With one exception(70's) you guys seem to fall mostly
in the 30's to 50 year old range . . . I've been collecting arms and ordnance longer than that! This January I'll. hopefully, make it to 82, but feel a lot younger!
Ron B(USA)

With one exception(70's) you guys seem to fall mostly
in the 30's to 50 year old range . . . I've been collecting arms and ordnance longer than that! This January I'll. hopefully, make it to 82, but feel a lot younger!
Ron B(USA)

Darn Ron, I haven't seen you for a few years but never would have guessed. You certainly don't look that old!

As for me, I just turned 57 a couple months ago and have been collecting about 40 years. I usually don't feel or think "57" but sometimes my body reminds me otherwise.

Rick

me... well i just turned 24 two months ago. i've been collecting small arms shell way back when i was 7 hehehe...:) & i started collecting big shells when i was in college...

38 and my darling 4 and 6 year olds are in awe as they beleive that Im allmost 100 and proudly proclaim this to everyone....bless them....little buggers!
Just because I grow older dosnt mean Im growing up!
Been in this game since around 8 years old when I started hording army buttons and whatever else I could find or was given,thanks to encouragement from an elderly collector friend who lived close to my parents,I can recall hunting trips with my father from a very early age,trotting along with him as soon as I could walk so the shooting and hunting interest was instilled in me at a very young age.The whole militaria/firearms hobby is very rewarding and theres some great people out thereIm proud to be associated with,the internet has broadened the collecting horisons beyond belief.

MG34NZ

Last edited:
How old

Ok, i'm 38 too... started collecting early but it has really taken off since i moved to Norway in 1996. I remember getting a .303 from my uncle at about 8 years old and played with it for many happy hours, dropping it from underneath old airfix bombers. Never forget the look on my dads face when the penny dropped that it was live...:tinysmile_eyebrow_t

All the best
T42

35 now, feeling 16 at times :xd:, feeling 135 at others :sad: (that's usually sunday mornings after visiting friends).
Collecting since 2003, 1916-1945 period German/axis (experimental) AP in small and large calibre.

well yes I do look 35 actually

I'm 36,
I feel more like a 19 year old.

But havent found one

Me ,,I'm the same age as my tongue and a bit older than my teeth :xd:

Nah! i'm 46 and like most of us act like 26 but feel like 146. been collecting from age 6,,used to pick up bits from Aunties antique shop in Pompey, then kinda stopped for some 35 years
untill I noticed that e-bay had a stick gren on there,,,bought it and then before you know it it was TOOOO LATE !!!
the bug kicked in and been collecting seriuosly for the last 3 to 4 years.

And the collection does groweth,,,,:tinysmile_shy_t:

Regards
Nick

Last edited:
I'm 21 already... unfortunately. :sad: I re-started the collecting about 1,5 year ago when I agian "free".

Old man walking (just barely)

Well, I'm 65, and don't contribute much here anymore, but I DO read this forum daily.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t I began collecting as a child, and my big brother was an ordnance man in the U.S. Army during the Korean War, got me interested in things that go bang. Guns, fuses, ordnance, shells - whatever. I have had wonderful items in my collections through the years - rare things - but I usually end up trading them off for something else I want. It's like sampling the best wines on a beer-drinker's budget. Life is good, enjoy it while you can. Cheers!:tinysmile_shy_t: