What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini CN Grenade

Eodtek

Premium/Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
For your viewing pleasure, a miniture CN Grenade. It is the same general size and shape as the XM58 CS Grenade.

It is a thin aluminum shell covered by a rubber sleeve. Inside the shell is a solid CN mixture that is covered with a threaded aluminum cap. The red aluminum cap is secured with sealant over the top of the aluminum cap and the rubber sleeve. The fuze appears to be an M201 series with a small cardboard sleeve filled with extra igniter powder.

I've yet to find any documentation on this item.

Mike

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 40
ET,
It looks very similar to a: Pyrotechnic Grenade called the "Brunswick Skitter Grenade". This is if I am right though and the measurements below are correct below? It was made in the 1960's the Brunswick Corporation for Law Enforcement use during Riots, Civil Disorders, and Mobs. Can you do me a favor and measure the height of the device including the fuze? If I am correct, then it is this same device. It should be around 4 inches in height. Diameter should also be around 1 and 3/8 inches. If this is correct then I can give you some info on it such as stats. Let me know.

Last edited:
That's it. Thanks guys.

It will make a nice juxtapose next to my Brunswick HESH RAW.