What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Brother in Action with my MG 08

arizona dude has not been on site since mat 2013 but dave is still an active member

Just to offer some more interest. Other images. Mark
DSC08977.jpgDSC08979.jpg

Quite an interesting MG08 as it is a Naval MG08 as used on zeppelins but then period 'converted' for ground/sled use. It still has the fittings to attach the huge ZF sight for aerial use but I have never seen (period image evidence) that ZF type used on the ground, hence a standard ground 'fit'.
Mark

DSC09111.jpgDSC09128.jpg

and some other 'relic' images. I am hoping to get all 3 relic 08's and sled examples lined up for a photo shoot as I think that would look good. Of course not everybody likes the 'painted black' that I do but overall I do not have much choice as 'halting rust and further deterioation' is essential.
Mark

For Dave. Your excellent 'hilfslafette 16' - forgive bad spelling. I am trying to find period images of this pattern in use during WWI, but by the German Imperial Army or Navy. Do you or any other member have any images pse? Obviously a commercial tripod is sold commercially therefore as we know many nations used it but it is reported it was stlll used by Germany too. Any advice?
Mark