What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Brother in Action with my MG 08

David generally the reverse is true in my experience. In collectors and dealer hands there more MG08/15s available than the MG08 (with sled). The sled of course being the hardest part to find. Surely in Germany there is still much to find?
Mark

Realy nice 25 April this are guns the 08 with zf 12 scope i also have on of this zf 12 at home !!

And the MG08/15 i would say much rarer to find as the MG 08 i have seen in my life only one for sale but in that moment i had no money ( shit happens )ggggg

Realy nice collection yu also have the equipment for that water box ,steam hose ,ammo boxes ,tools ,ammo belts ???

Regards David

Does anyone know the different patterns and/or manufacturers please of WWI German ammo belts for the maxims?
Image shows the standard 100 rd for the 08/15 and the 250 rd for the 08 (and 08/15).
VMT
Mark

piiccssssss 037.jpg

The top one on your pic was only used for the feed drum on the MG08/15
the down one for the both models with normal amo box .

wbr David

Does anyone know the different patterns and/or manufacturers please of WWI German ammo belts for the maxims?
Image shows the standard 100 rd for the 08/15 and the 250 rd for the 08 (and 08/15).
VMT
Mark

View attachment 54169

The top one on your pic was only used for the feed drum on the MG08/15
the down one for the both models with normal amo box .

wbr David

Pics

Here are some more pics

the name plate on the mount and the lid to store the spare lock .

wbr David

Attachments

• P1010183.jpg
    P1010183.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 25
  • P1010184.jpg
    P1010184.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 24
  • P1010185.jpg
    P1010185.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 20
Thread has been quiet. Dave would love to see more images of your dreifuss please? Here are a few offerings for interest.http://

Attachments

• mussee1001_zpsca214635.jpg
    mussee1001_zpsca214635.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
A picture to add to the collection. From a series of pictures entitled Der Vormarsch der Flieger Abteilung 27 in der Ukraine: German soldiers on a train, spring 1918. This series is from the photographic collection of Southern Methodist University, Central University Libraries (Dallas, Texas, USA) and have been uploaded to Flickr with no copyright restrictions. Brian

Attachments

• 8589740101_6c30ac79d1_b.jpg
    8589740101_6c30ac79d1_b.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 26
Thanks to all of you for these pictures and information. We are in the process of restoring my grandfather's DWM MG08 "war trophy". Anybody have a spare fusee assembly hanging around, in use as a paperweight, available for purchase?

Also, meant to ask-- the enumerated scale with the indicator on the left side of fusee-- does that serve to limit the number of rounds in a burst, or does that indicate spring tension?

I had to chuckle when I read, in French, "easily transportable" in the caption accompanying the photo (three up). I guess, in the day, it was considered to be so.

You are right about perception of easily transportable but 2 machine gunners in a hurry/under fire 'stretcher carrying' I guess would move pretty quickly :smile:. This is an unusual image as extra handles have been welded to the top sled plate. Unknown if a German or French adaption.Mark

Attachments

• kjgg001_zps6d3b58d6.jpg
    kjgg001_zps6d3b58d6.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 1
Battle Movement

''Come on Schmidt, put your back into it!!!''

Attachments

• carry_zps4cc3b97e.jpg
    carry_zps4cc3b97e.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 1