What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price of an 88mm???

BAT120MM

Hi, i have three complete 88mm rounds in my collection,
1. normal
2. case marked up has a Flak round
3. short case sub deck round

Could someone tell me what the selling price is, please.

88mm photo's

attachment.php

Attachments

• 078.jpg
    078.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 508
  • 076.jpg
    076.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 51
The one on the left, if the projectile is genuine id estimate around 100 -125, i guess a similar price for the one on the right again if the projectile is genuine and not reproduction. The one in the middle im not sure as i dont think ive seen one of these for sale before.

Depends on how bad someone wants one and what they are willing to pay at the end of the day, prices can vary so much.

Darren

Last edited:
The one in the middle is a 88 Uboat with the wrong projectile, if you sell the case, you will get 150,..... for the projectile it will be 60-80 euro. Ben

The one in the middle is a 88 Uboat with the wrong projectile, if you sell the case, you will get 150,..... for the projectile it will be 60-80 euro. Ben

It may also be a 8,8 cm L/30 case from before 1st World War. A picture of the head stamp would help.

I doubt a prefrag 88 with paint and stencils even on case worth only 125 GBP, the problem is I think it is a repaint.

88mm uboat

The case is from 1915.
POLTE / MAGDEBURG 1915 MKII. Primer: C/12.

Anyone know where i could get a proper Uboat projectile?

so your case is for the common german navy quick firing gun "8,8 cm S.K. L/30" from the 1890s. First german U-Boats where built from around 1906, a long time after development of this gun. There was just an other type of a 8,8 cm, the "8.8 cm L/30 Ubts. Kanone L/30" which used same ammunition as the normal navy gun, but it was only rarely used on Uboats due to its limited power. Most german WW1 Uboats used 8,8 cm L/45 (570 mm long cases) or 10,5 cm Guns. Projectiles for the 8,8 cm L/30 guns are very hard to find.

Hi,

And one more thing;
All projectiles are with AZ 23/28 impact fuzes.
Maybe I am wrong, but 8,8 with frag. body are for AA shooting?
And should have ZtZ S/30 or ZtZ S/30 Fg fuzes?

Regards.

Hi,

And one more thing;
All projectiles are with AZ 23/28 impact fuzes.
Maybe I am wrong, but 8,8 with frag. body are for AA shooting?
And should have ZtZ S/30 or ZtZ S/30 Fg fuzes?

Regards.

Yes you are correct, the fuze is wrong for the round.

Darren

AZ23/28 was used with 8,8cm Flak HE-shells for ground target shooting as well.

What would be the right fuze for a 8,8 HE, (yellow), 1943 non prefrag shell and with two small screws on top for secure the fuze?