What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Museum Ordnance Photos

The Davy Crocket and backpack frame in your picture is incredible it looks about as good as it gets. I have a SDAM W54 Warhead container that I belive is the same weapon as used in the Davy Crocket. It is H-912 Backpack Container or Backpack Nuke but it is empty I donot have SADAM2.jpgSDAM-1.jpgany of the weapon parts. I am also missing the pad that goes between the container and the guy carrying it I hope to reproduce one someday

The Davy Crockett and the SADM used the W 54 war head (nuclear package) but they had entirely different fuzing and PALs. In fact the Crockett didn't have a PAL. it had a timer delay arming and proximity firing. The SADM used a dual clockwork timer, plus it ahd a combo lock lid. I recent got a number of documents on the SADM though my FOIA request. Was so surprised at what they sent me, but then the weapon had been retired and all have been demilled. Too bad it was a weapon that was one of a kind and could still have a military purpose. Your container is in great shape, you actually have a carrier used for when the SADM was employed my parachute. I may have some pics that will help you make a copy of the rest of the carrier. There 2 ways the SADM was parachuted, one was with a big cushioned container that needed the carrier you mentioned, but it was also straped as is under the reserve chute, and rested on the jumpers thighs. Just before landing it would be cut away and drop on a length of rope.