What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reigel Mine R Mi.43 New for collection

Kilroy was Here

Here's a Reigel Mine R Mi.43 a new one I found for my collection. It's missing the inside box part, but the mine still looks OK. I sprayed it down with some gun oil to keep it from rusting too much more, or at least slow it down.

I have heard they might make reproduction inner explosive boxes for these mines, does someone know where to find them? Maybe even an original is available somewhere?

I was maybe thinking of making a cut away from this also. A friend sent pics to me of a couple very nice cut away R Mi43 mines, and they looked excellent.

Regards, Steve

Attachments

• PA090002.jpg
    PA090002.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 80
  • PA090003.jpg
    PA090003.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 68
  • PA090005.jpg
    PA090005.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 62
  • PA090004.jpg
    PA090004.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 60
  • PA090006.jpg
    PA090006.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 64
  • PA090011.jpg
    PA090011.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 58
  • PA090014.jpg
    PA090014.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 60
  • PA090015.jpg
    PA090015.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 54
Steve, the Riegel mine is a very rare item for do a cut away. Only if you get one in poor condition and this one is in nice condition. Always your choice, of course, but a pity convert this Riegel in a cut away one.

Steve, the Riegel mine is a very rare item for do a cut away. Only if you get one in poor condition and this one is in nice condition. Always your choice, of course, but a pity convert this Riegel in a cut away one.

It was just a thought to maybe make a cut away. I have decided to it just leave it as is, and to maybe find the inner box for it to complete the mine.
It would also be very difficult to make a cut away from one of these type mines. I would be better to make a cut away from a reproduction.

Here's a pic with a DZ-35 fuze I put in it. I do not think they used these fuzes too much, but I have seen period pics of these mines with the DZ-35 fuze. It looks nice for display.
I will also attach two ZZ-42 fuzes in the other two anti-handling fuze holes sometime.

Regards, Steve

Attachments

• PA120030.jpg
    PA120030.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
I believe a steel ZZ42 exists specially for this mine.

Yes they made a special metal ZZ-42 fuze I think was for use in the "exposed outside anti-handling fuze wells" of the mine. The two ZZ-42 fuzes on the inside of the mine, I think they could use all types of ZZ-42 probably. They were protected more from rain and snow etc.

Germans... :tinysmile_shy_t:

haha, yes,.....this is why they lost the war, they spent too much time and effort to make mine fuzes. I read my U.S. technical manual TM 5-223C "German Mine Warfare Equipment, March 1953" it completely amazes me the amount of different fuzes and mines they made. Crazy Nazi's, they even had 8 different mine detectors.

Hello Steve
Glad to see you still read books,HA HA HA.Really nice find you have there,im jeleous.If you ever find a nicer one or put it for sell keep me in mind.
vinny:tinysmile_cry_t3::tinysmile_cry_t3:

Hello Steve
Glad to see you still read books,HA HA HA.Really nice find you have there,im jeleous.If you ever find a nicer one or put it for sell keep me in mind.
vinny:tinysmile_cry_t3::tinysmile_cry_t3:

Hey Vinny, yes, I still read books, hehe. I have many good books and manuals :nerd: Many are invaluable. I'm a WW2 gun collector also, so books were always important. "Axis Pistols" is one that comes to mind that is a must have book.

I may be able to get a couple more of these R Mi43 mines. Not sure yet. There not inexpensive though. This one was the best condition of the 11 that were found. The others aren't too bad, but don't have any lettering remaining.

Regards, Steve

May I ask where these come from? I purchased a couple myself recently coming from Latvia.

May I ask where these come from? I purchased a couple myself recently coming from Latvia.

Hi Reino, how are you? I hope you are well, and all is good with you.
You have already answered your own question my friend. :tinysmile_shy_t:

Best Regards, Steve

Hi Reino, how are you? I hope you are well, and all is good with you.
You have already answered your own question my friend. :tinysmile_shy_t:

Best Regards, Steve

As i saw the picture, the same question arised, so acquainted one. I have arrived too late to the fair and i`ve got some worse items. I saw the same mine behind the stall and hold it on my hands. Small world! :tinysmile_hmm_t:

Regards
E

As i saw the picture, the same question arised, so acquainted one. I have arrived too late to the fair and i`ve got some worse items. I saw the same mine behind the stall and hold it on my hands. Small world! :tinysmile_hmm_t:

Regards
E

Yes, it's a small world Endel. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t Sometimes you get to fair early also.
Very nice restorations you do E, I have looked at your posts before

What is meaning "your one is backward" ???? I do not understand. :nerd:

Regards, Steve

No Cut-away:

I concur with others to ruin such a rare item by cutting it would be sad. Why not include line drawings of what it looks like and frame them with the hardware. Just a thought also.
Regards,
John

I concur with others to ruin such a rare item by cutting it would be sad. Why not include line drawings of what it looks like and frame them with the hardware. Just a thought also.
Regards,
John

Hi John, I agree, The mine will Not be cut. I did not know the mines were so rare.

Thanks, That's a good idea to display a drawing with the mine. It is impossible to know how they work without one.

Regards

I bet they are,im still rebounding from the Japanese mine training kit.Forgive my spelling I have not sleep in the last 48.Later pal.
vinny :tinysmile_classes_t

Yes, it's a small world Endel. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t Sometimes you get to fair early also.
Very nice restorations you do E, I have looked at your posts before

What is meaning "your one is backward" ???? I do not understand. :nerd:

Regards, Steve

First idea was that, your mine is the same as the one which stand near a table. So, now i check it over and seem like your one is not the same but looks a lot alike, from same family surely :)

Best
E

Attachments

• P2150008.jpg
    P2150008.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 42
  • P2150010.jpg
    P2150010.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 38
  • P2150009.jpg
    P2150009.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 35