What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian WW II F1's

MT-LB

Premium Member
Hello all,
wanted to show you my 3 WW II Russian F1's - the one with a Koweshnikow fuze I haven't seen before.
Of course all 3 are completely inert!

Attachments

• 3xF1-2a.jpg
    3xF1-2a.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 3xF1-2.jpg
    3xF1-2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 3xF1-1.jpg
    3xF1-1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Kow1a.jpg
    Kow1a.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 101
  • Kow-1.jpg
    Kow-1.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 79
Here the pic of the 1944 dated URZG

Attachments

• F1 UZRG-1.jpg
    F1 UZRG-1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 59
  • F1-1.jpg
    F1-1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 55
Paul,
was more curious about that to me unknown Koweschnikow fuze, as I thought that is just a variation from another manufacturer of the bodies.
Erik

Hi,
Very nice grenades MT-LB!

Your Koweshnikow fuze are rare production, but it's nothing unusual in this fuze.
I have seen this fuze fitted with F-1 body French type, but with Soviet also..

Here's some of mine... not so nice condition like yours, becouse all was find on battlefields from 1945 in Poland.
On second pics, some Russian manufacture stamps on fuzes - for now unfortunately unknown for me.
As you can see, there was two kind of UZRG fuzes; open on top, and closed (pics.3).

Unfortunately all of mine ww2 F-1 with Koweshnikow fuzes are in the our local museum for while...

Best regards.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 04.JPG
    04.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Hi,

No, It's impossible - becouse UZRGM fuze was made after ww2.
All of this grenades was find on ww2 battlefield (1945).

Look here;
On left - post war UZRGM fuze, on right ww2 UZRG with old russian stamp (triangle) on fuze - find on battelfield 1945.
Do You see difference?

Best Regards.

Attachments

• _MG_7067.jpg
    _MG_7067.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 79
F1 mania

Some real fine F1's gentlemen, one of my favorite grenades. although I prefer the WWI French model, these soviet grenades make for some fine show..Dano

Hi,
Very nice grenades MT-LB!

Your Koweshnikow fuze are rare production, but it's nothing unusual in this fuze.
I have seen this fuze fitted with F-1 body French type, but with Soviet also..

Here's some of mine... not so nice condition like yours, becouse all was find on battlefields from 1945 in Poland.
On second pics, some Russian manufacture stamps on fuzes - for now unfortunately unknown for me.
As you can see, there was two kind of UZRG fuzes; open on top, and closed (pics.3).

Unfortunately all of mine ww2 F-1 with Koweshnikow fuzes are in the our local museum for while...

Best regards.

Hello wz.KC,
are you talking about the frist one?
What do you think about the grenade body itself?

Have to make a detailed pic of my URZG - its different marked than yours.

Erik

Hy wz.KC,

yes, I see, thanks. But the UZRG's end is interesting, similar than the UZRGM's and. Maybe a late war product?

Fuze by Koveshnikov was adopted in 1928 (a last design drawning fuze). In this time was adopted and grenade "Ф-1" (with body produced in France).
Before 1939 year Russians used F-1 with bodyes produced in France only (from WW1 period). After 1939 year was Russians adopted their own design drawning of body "F-1".(without hole and plug in bottom)
Koveshnikov's fuze had a few variety in WW2 period (look my gallery links in bottom).
http://trizna.ru/galerea/albums/userpics/Koveshnikov_bush.jpg
http://trizna.ru/galerea/albums/userpics/Koveshnikov_copyright.jpg
http://trizna.ru/galerea/albums/userpics/Variety_by_Koveshnikov_Kolpino_copyright.jpg
http://trizna.ru/galerea/albums/userpics/Koveshnikov_fuse.jpg

normal_Koveshnikov_fuse.jpg

and.... Koveshnikov fuze had at the minimum two variety of detonators (normal length and short)

In 1942 year was adopted "UZRG" and later "UZRG-M"...

Thank you jhonni for the infos on the Koveshnikov fuze and the french body of the F1.
Erik

Hy wz.KC,

yes, I see, thanks. But the UZRG's end is interesting, similar than the UZRGM's and. Maybe a late war product?
The difference between the UZRG and UZRGM is in common the delay tube (Copper vs. Aluminium) and the detonator; (of course some additional parts - the striker for example). Connection sleeve of USRG-s is not removable(!)

The fun F1

Hi MT-LB, First off what an astonishing line-up of Russian F1's. The F1 grenade is one of the few designs that has withstood the test of time. Grenades like the Mills, the US Mk2, the F1 and others were of a design that time never obsoleted. Again MT-LB thanks for showing and your pics are a thing of beauty...Dano

They was used bodies produced in France but I think Russians was produced copies of French bodies with russian markings too.

I havn't info about produce copies of French bodies, but oficial diagram of Russian version F-1 was adopted in 1939 year. Designer was a Khrameev F.I.
And so Russians was not need F-1 type grenades in period 1920-1939 years (in depot was bulk of French bodies F-1) and so Russians had many defensive grenades Mills, Rdultovsky M1914\30 (with sleeve), RGD-33. But later (I think after "Winter war") inventory of French F-1 bodies was spend.
;)

Attachments

• Hrameev 1939 rus F1 designer.jpg
    Hrameev 1939 rus F1 designer.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 23
110949958.jpg

On photo is a detonators (not live!) for Koveshnikov's fuze (second and last item).
Last is a short variety for Koveshnikov's fuze!