What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safety Goggles always use them

had a lucky ? one last year using a cup wire brush on my angle grinder without goggles,about a day after my eye started to get stabbing pains ,i put up with it for a couple of days then when it got really bad i went to see the M.O on the camp i was working on,he found a small scratch on my eye but nothing in it,diagnosis was a piece of the wire brush had got in my eye and fortunately worked its way back out

That sounds horrible Alan,but with the size of the human body how come these microscopic particles always manage to get you right in something
just over an inch round:eek:oh:

Best phil

Eye pain.

Hi Phil hope you are on the road to recovery.
You know what they say about a photograph saying more than a thousand words, well look at the attached. They were sent to me as part of a health and safey briefing at work. The guy it happened to wore goggles when he was using the electric wire brush, then finished his work, took his goggles off and then noticed a bit he'd missed so carried on.........minus the goggles. The result was 4 days in hospital.
Strangely enough now I wear my goggles when sanding & wire brushing!
Dave.

Attachments

• Eye pain 001.JPG
    Eye pain 001.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 10
  • Eye pain 002.JPG
    Eye pain 002.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 7
Hmm,reminds me of a little tale 10 years ago when i was on a job in Carlisle.I decided to have a look up into this cellar cooler unit without my safety specs on and something dropped in my eye.
Well later on that night im in agony until my pal dug it out of the corner of my eye with a piece of cigarette packet.
i was lucky that time,my mate ended up with a triple voka and coke for his troubles .

cheers

waff

Hmm,reminds me of a little tale 10 years ago when i was on a job in Carlisle.I decided to have a look up into this cellar cooler unit without my safety specs on and something dropped in my eye.
Well later on that night im in agony until my pal dug it out of the corner of my eye with a piece of cigarette packet.
i was lucky that time,my mate ended up with a triple voka and coke for his troubles .

cheers

waff

Thanks for all the get well messages guys but the tale doesnt end there!
The injury i did had started to heal up nearly two weeks ago and the symptons didnt ease,in fact they got worse.
So the final diagnosis which just seemed to coincide with my injury is
viral conjunctivitis which is now in its third week and day by day getting a little easier.
As a good habit i now carry the designer safty type specks every were
i go as a precaution.

still will be posting some goodies soon once they arrive and my little project is finished

Best to all satan

Hi Phil hope you are on the road to recovery.
You know what they say about a photograph saying more than a thousand words, well look at the attached. They were sent to me as part of a health and safey briefing at work. The guy it happened to wore goggles when he was using the electric wire brush, then finished his work, took his goggles off and then noticed a bit he'd missed so carried on.........minus the goggles. The result was 4 days in hospital.
Strangely enough now I wear my goggles when sanding & wire brushing!
Dave.

Dave that is just plain horrible and think that aught to be censored,

still at least they could find what the problem is:eek:oh:

Best phil

i know how you feel! being a blacksmith, i've had the red hot ,shrapnel, from the bloody Bosh,4.5 inch meself! takes awhile but 100%recovery of me eye ,,,nearly 7weeks, hope you have a speedy recovery chap ,,
regards

i know how you feel! being a blacksmith, i've had the red hot ,shrapnel, from the bloody Bosh,4.5 inch meself! takes awhile but 100%recovery of me eye ,,,nearly 7weeks, hope you have a speedy recovery chap ,,
regards

Thanks there mate slow but sure

Best Satan