What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoke grenade thread

Here's one I've just picked up. A solid rubber "GREN HAND SMOKE WP DRILL". Quite a nice variation to sit with my other smokies. Cheers

Attachments

• smoke drill.jpg
    smoke drill.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 41
i think that may be the first rubber drill smoke ive ever seen. VERY NICE.
Heres my latest find, a british L73A1. quite a rare one as brit smokes go. (cheers Colin):tinysmile_twink_t2:
Paul.

Attachments

• L73A1 Smoke.jpg
    L73A1 Smoke.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 40
Dano,

here are my own(INERT) smokies from Vietnam:

By the way Rich, that was one heck of a thread back then as is this one.

V40
MARK
"MACVSOG Living Historian"

Attachments

• M30 and fuses 005.jpg
    M30 and fuses 005.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 46
  • M30 and fuses 006.jpg
    M30 and fuses 006.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 37
  • M30 and fuses 007.jpg
    M30 and fuses 007.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 33
  • M30 and fuses 008.jpg
    M30 and fuses 008.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 33
  • M30 and fuses 009.jpg
    M30 and fuses 009.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Hi Paul,

Glad you like it. When I first saw the rubber drill gren I couldn't help but think "why would you bother". But I guess if you're practicing throwing WP into a bunker a couple of "dry runs" wouldn't hurt (I hate that stuff).

Cheers

i think that may be the first rubber drill smoke ive ever seen. VERY NICE.
Heres my latest find, a british L73A1. quite a rare one as brit smokes go. (cheers Colin):tinysmile_twink_t2:
Paul.

Long time ago a post was made in this thread.

My latest addition a Dutch Nr 22 smokegrenade colour Green.
Dated 1979.

Unfortunately the previous owner drilled a hole in the front:tinysmile_angry2_t: Ah well, it was on my wishlist and i now i got it.

Nr22 rookgranaat.jpg

I have a nice "purple haze" still sealed in the can. I'll take some photos shortly. I have not opened it up yet. I was saving it for a special occasion. ;) I also have a few CS I can do some photos of too. GROG

I posted most of my US in the previous thread, here are some of my foreign smokes.

Attachments

• DSCN1943.jpg
    DSCN1943.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN1946.JPG
    DSCN1946.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCN1947.jpg
    DSCN1947.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN1944.jpg
    DSCN1944.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN1942.jpg
    DSCN1942.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN1945.jpg
    DSCN1945.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN1936.jpg
    DSCN1936.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN1934.jpg
    DSCN1934.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_0029.jpg
    DSC_0029.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 32
I have a question about the second row down and to the end. These photos of the two Germans smoke grenades, Black and White ones, are they the only two colors they had for smoke emitting devices?

I have a question about the second row down and to the end. These photos of the two Germans smoke grenades, Black and White ones, are they the only two colors they had for smoke emitting devices?

Those are East German smoke generators, they come in a number of colours other than black and white. Orange, green, red and possibly others.

My latest addition. Smoke discharger cases. 8 cases in their original box complete with cardboard holders.. Fired from vehicles. eg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjlJi4l0cBs

Smoke discharger uitgepakt.jpg
Smoke discharger gesloten kist.JPG
Smoke discharger Nr506.jpg
Smoke discharger hulzen.jpg

If anybody has documentation about these specific dischargertype (nr506).... please post it here.

Attachments

• Smoke discharger openkist.jpg
    Smoke discharger openkist.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Hi,
I research the name of the factory that made these grenades.
Factory code ASM , EHD , SAP, EWB
Please help me.

Attached two Danish smokegrenades, they are roughly the same in size it is the photos that are misleading.

Handbomb_M93_Smoke.jpgHandbomb_M77_Smoke.jpg

Last edited:
Another 'modern' smoke nade for the list:

A Norwegian (thanks Freaky) M88 HC Smoke

Attachments

• 100_3323.jpg
    100_3323.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 26
These were used by the Dutch army and if I remember correctly the fuse was made in Belgium by PRB. I don't know the maker of the grenade. (not realy my thing and that is also the reason why it is no longer in my collection)

The manifacture code is from A.J Kat factory of Leiden in Netherlands; the PRB fuze is because a lot of contracts are common for the BENELUX countries.

Last edited: