What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bombatorium

Library;

Hi subs,
That is some reference library you have there if it is all ordnance related. Test I ahve seen.
Regards,
John

Hi subs,
That is some reference library you have there if it is all ordnance related. Test I ahve seen.
Regards,
John

Ordnance, explosives, small arms and IEDs. Many are purely technical, but some are much more general, as by Ian Hogg, Chis Chant, etc. But all ordnance related.

Slowly pulling things out of boxes and getting them organized. First up is US submunitions and dispensing systems. Not pictured are the gravel mines, button bombs, etc. Still needs a lot of work and cleaning, but that will take place after the rest is up and running. Next task will be to build 2-3 more shelves and then pull the foreign submunitions. After that WWI then WWII ordnance. Going to be a busy winter.

Attachments

• DSCN1644.jpg
    DSCN1644.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 459
  • DSCN1645.jpg
    DSCN1645.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 445
  • DSCN1646.jpg
    DSCN1646.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 416
  • DSCN1648.jpg
    DSCN1648.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 396
Hello Jeff,

This is going to be as much fun for the members as it is for you, as you slowly get things unpacked and displayed. Not to mention, VERY INFORMATIVE!

Best regards,

Randall

Really nice looking markings on your ICM projos. The BZ projo looks nice too!

Gee Jeff, Your bombatorium is coming right along. Your U.S. subs look like a great start and sounds like you will indeed have a busy winter. Please keep us updated as all comes along. If I took on a project like that I would end up in the sanatorium!!! Dano

Hey, imagine seeing you here! I've got one display case upstairs, but otherwise not for now. It protects things well, but at the moment is just to costly and takes up too much room. MTM has 13 buildings to play in, I've just got the one.

Latest update - building shelves, loading shelves, building shelves, loading shelves. The slow part is finding what belongs on each shelf, so that the right space is allocated. Still short a box of submunitions, cannot find some of the mortars, it's all in there somewhere.

Haven't started unpacking grenades yet, we figure that will take at least another 80 linear feet of shelf space.... Still need another 5 shelves for the main stuff first. Another month or two...

Attachments

• DSCN1707.jpg
    DSCN1707.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 424
  • DSCN1708.jpg
    DSCN1708.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 406
  • DSCN1714.jpg
    DSCN1714.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 426
  • DSCN1713.jpg
    DSCN1713.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 403
  • DSCN1711.jpg
    DSCN1711.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 406
  • DSCN1709.jpg
    DSCN1709.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 372
very impressive!!!

Can't wait to see the pictures when its all completed!!

(One or two bits have caught my eye on the German submunitions section - now I wonder what they could be ?!! LOL !!)

keep up the good work, great to be able to follow the progress, thanks for taking time and trouble to post pictures of your truely remarkable project!!

regards Kev

Yes, I like a lot the mortars display too. But, where are the grenades????

As mentioned:

US-Subs;170524: [B said:
Haven't started unpacking grenades yet, we figure that will take at least another 80 linear feet of shelf space....[/B] Still need another 5 shelves for the main stuff first. Another month or two...

Thanks Andy. As I mentioned at the show, once we get everything on the shelves and cleaned up, we'll have an open house. Don't know when that will be, but we'll have one. Mark your calendar accordingly.

very impressive!!!

Can't wait to see the pictures when its all completed!!

(One or two bits have caught my eye on the German submunitions section - now I wonder what they could be ?!! LOL !!)

keep up the good work, great to be able to follow the progress, thanks for taking time and trouble to post pictures of your truely remarkable project!!

regards Kev

Here is a little bit closer view. I'm still looking for several of my German pieces, the unit will get rearranged once I find them. The second shelf down is mixed countries, the rest are all German

Attachments

• DSCN1716.jpg
    DSCN1716.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 279
certainley getting there us-subs thats going to look exellent when your all finished cant wait to see the end result

regards lee

Wow jef that looks great. What is the missile on the bottom row on the first picure.
greetings from a cold culemborg.

Here is a little bit closer view. I'm still looking for several of my German pieces, the unit will get rearranged once I find them. The second shelf down is mixed countries, the rest are all German

Appreciate the close up of the German section - thankyou for posting the picture. Looks like you have some nice SD2 bits in there!!!
Great to see!!

Your collection as a whole is superb

kind regards Kev