What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The very best bitter

gothica7

Premium Member
Hi guys n gals,

what do you reccon is the best bitter in the land? I reccon its Marstons Pedigree myself, closely followed by their ordinary Bitter. If i had to choose the beer to take me to my grave[not yet i hope] it would be Marstons.
I do hope that none of you suggest Harveys, my local brew, yuk yuk, wouldnt drink it if it were free.

Andy

Hobgoblin

WYCHWOOD BREWERY Co Witney Oxfordshire

Try This one ~:tinysmile_shy_t:

Attachments

• IMG_7635.jpg
    IMG_7635.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 2
Tui

Its a Kiwi drop and not bad, heres a pic of some of the brewery staff....lol

Attachments

• TUI0545_tui%20girls_CMY8B274 (Custom).jpg
    TUI0545_tui%20girls_CMY8B274 (Custom).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 59
WYCHWOOD BREWERY Co Witney Oxfordshire

Try This one ~:tinysmile_shy_t:

Oooh,nice when its available up my neck of the woods.

I personally like my local Microbrewery products,am lucky enough to be within earshot of at least 4.:tinysmile_shy_t:

best

waff

Last edited:
Timothy Taylor's Landlord has been my favourite for about 20 years, but when I've tried it recently it hasn't seemed as good - possibly because of overproduction, or maybe just that my taste's changed.

I generally prefer northern beers - they tend to be lighter, hoppier and more bitter. Anything from Harrogate's Rooster brewery is worth a punt, or the Ossett Brewery, or Abbeydale...I must stop, my mouth is watering :tongue:

Do they require a Cellar Service Tech?.... ;)

back to the beers,my local fave will be 'Dizzy Dannie' by Hopstar brewery followed by 'Flat cap' by Bank Top brewery. Both local and both keep waffy busy fitting pumps.:)

cheers

waff

why would i upset people because i dont like the taste of "real ale" its all down to personnel preference
I also like carling and carlsberg
ooooh got to go theyres an angry mob outside with burning torches

why would i upset people because i dont like the taste of "real ale" its all down to personnel preference
I also like carling and carlsberg
ooooh got to go theyres an angry mob outside with burning torches

I was joking dear chap!:xd:

As per text to you earlier,i would personally prefer a more obscure smooth to the John Smiths. It always has a 'soil' smell to it when ive commissioned a job.
I gotto admit though that real ale can warm up too quick if you hang about and dont neck it!

best

waff

Waff,
real ale's meant to be a bit warm as i am sure a conisseiuer[sorry cant begin to spell it] of the amber nectar such as yourself. Lager in hot weather is very refreshing, dont worry Spot, i too can down a few pints of it too and am always willing to sample anything unusual on the beer/lager side.
However, i do prefer real ale, some brews i cannot stand, Harveys being one, yet others love it so it is a matter of tase.
Started the thread to just see what others like to sup and it makes a change from chat about ordnance.
Havnt mentioned cider yet either, thats grand too.

Andy

Carling is great stuff ! if you run out of foamy water to wash the car, you couild use that ! and it's cheap enough too !

Waff,
real ale's meant to be a bit warm as i am sure a conisseiuer[sorry cant begin to spell it] of the amber nectar such as yourself. Lager in hot weather is very refreshing, dont worry Spot, i too can down a few pints of it too and am always willing to sample anything unusual on the beer/lager side.
However, i do prefer real ale, some brews i cannot stand, Harveys being one, yet others love it so it is a matter of tase.
Started the thread to just see what others like to sup and it makes a change from chat about ordnance.
Havnt mentioned cider yet either, thats grand too.

Andy

Super thread if you ask me old bean!

Ah,now onto the old 'Knight Rider' eh!
Well,i like a drop of Westons if available?

cheers

waff

Carling is great stuff ! if you run out of foamy water to wash the car, you couild use that ! and it's cheap enough too !

:xd: You leave my Carling alone Mr Roller!

I have to admit that the worst Lager on the market would be Fosters.

Vicar`s P#ss is my fave term for it!:xd:

cheers

waff

Spitfire ale is supposed to be very good , not that i drink beer nowadays had beer poisoning twice im now on the J2o only