What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The very best bitter

Jeeez Steve,i would knock off drinking altogether if i was stuck on those J2o`s.:tongue:

Spott,i love your new avatar mate!:xd:

cheers

waff

Attachments

4.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
Bitter at it's Best

Cheers to you all, the beer sold in my local at Knaresdale, "The Kirkstile" is Yates, the beer is a good session ale at 3.7 vol & 2.10p at pint the Landlord Andrew keep a good celler & even allows "Dogs" ( Cannine type) in.

Here's cheers to you all , eodone

Attachments

• Heres to you.JPG
    Heres to you.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 19
Looks a good beer Eodone, and what a price! The average pint here is 3.10 or more.

Andy

Hello Invest,
Ive actually heard similar before.I take it you ship it out to us poor Brits instead?:xd:

best

waff

Looks a good beer Eodone, and what a price! The average pint here is 3.10 or more.

Andy

Over the weekend I'll try & improve on the lone picture of the pint & post one of the bar maid,

Now thta could be a good topic???

EODONE

just another one...

Just to add another of my faves....

Attachments

• IMAG0031.jpg
    IMAG0031.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 24
bitter

Living in the US our selection of beer sucks, ordnance availability poor, but may I be buried with my boots on and wife mounted on top!

I'll drink to that,cheers! I personally like a shot or two with my beer, Jack Daniels does the trick.2 or 3 of those and you'll not care what kinda beer your drinkin:xd:

I'll drink to that,cheers! I personally like a shot or two with my beer, Jack Daniels does the trick.2 or 3 of those and you'll not care what kinda beer your drinkin:xd:

With 9 months of winter I can see that being a good plan !

A J.D fan myself.... Can't drink scotch but used to be able to go through a bottle of J.D. without a problem..

Hi Everyone,

I suppose it's slightly odd that Beer and not Ordnance has been responsible for my first post but for all it's worth I have to agree with Tony Williams on the bestist bitter front.
Outside of some fantastic brews crafted by myriad micro brewerys all over the country, Timothy Taylors Landlord is (usually) a cracking pint.
On the light hoppy front but not strictly a bitter, try Deuchars IPA from Caledonian. Nice !

I have never seen this one before ?

Or is it export tourist bait ? I bit will try it shortly---- :tinysmile_shy_t:

You are supposed to let it stand in a cool place for 48 hours to let the sediment settle, like wine if it has been moved around, naturally I didn't ~ So I will try again. label says it can be kept for up to 25 years and age like a wine !
Very smooth, very rich, strong. A sweet taste to it, no bitter after taste.
O'HANLON'S BREWING CO LTD
WHIMPLE, DEVON, ENGLAND

2008 No T 16412 (good markings like good Ordnance should have)

Attachments

• IMG_8403.jpg
    IMG_8403.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
basic beer

Okay, I am about ashamed to admit this, but in current economy I buy a 30 pack of 12oz cans of "Keystone Light" for 12.99US and have friends and foe over alike and they also bring their own "cheesy" beer and we freakin' party. Dano

latrine

I have an actual toilet, but this is so true. My toilet was installed in 1948 and the handle must be held down a minimum of 5 seconds to totally flush requiring well over 3 gallons of water each flush! that's a fact! If held less than 5 seconds, a piece always comes back! What does it want? Dano

Last edited: