What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ToTally not ordnance related

satan18

Today i had a delivery from two extremely helpfull people
from crewe:wink:

To help me get over the sale of my beloved 3.0s capri i brought this
one owner 1972 1600xl capri.

Now it turns out that although it has rust on the front areas mainly,
it is very solid underneath and another little bonus is that the non standard number plate is worth twice what i paid for the car.:wink::wink:

Once i have decided what to do which might involve a cosworth engine
and box then its on to the drawing board and give the old beast a new lease of life.

Attachments

• NEW CAPRI 017.jpg
    NEW CAPRI 017.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 35
  • NEW CAPRI 020.jpg
    NEW CAPRI 020.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 25
Hey Phil, nice purchase!!

look forward to further pics as work progresses.
There is something about a Capri, classic design...

Enjoy your re-build

regards Kev

Nice one Phil,

ile bet it will go a lot faster than my 1949 Morris Minor.
I think my heart would bleed a little too having had to let a 3 litre Capri go. Good luck with the restoration project.

Andy

Hey Phil, nice purchase!!

look forward to further pics as work progresses.
There is something about a Capri, classic design...

Enjoy your re-build

regards Kev

Cheers Kev

There just something about mk1s that is a timeless classic.

Heck i was only 6 when this was made:xd:

Best phil

Nice one Phil,

ile bet it will go a lot faster than my 1949 Morris Minor.
I think my heart would bleed a little too having had to let a 3 litre Capri go. Good luck with the restoration project.

Andy

Thanks Andy

I heard my old S going off in the distance and it was a bit of a lumpy moment i can say:tinysmile_cry_t3:

But theres a lot to be said for the moggys floating around today and sounds like you have a split screen???,

Made from old battleship steel Ive heard :xd:

Best phil

Yes Phil

a tad over engineered, very thick panels[like me lol] and a 918cc sidevalve engine with the headlights in the front grill, hence the term 'lowlight' Minor. Top speed of 62 mph and thats downhill with a tailwind.
And the Capri has the classic looks in my book too, do keep us posted on how she goes.

Andy

Cheers Kev

There just something about mk1s that is a timeless classic.

Heck i was only 6 when this was made:xd:

Best phil

Now that is a coincidence, 'cause so was I !!
That would make us both World Cup Vintage!!!! :wink:

regards Kev

Now that is a coincidence, 'cause so was I !!
That would make us both World Cup Vintage!!!! :wink:

regards Kev

What Month Kev as i am 10 days away from another Milestone:tinysmile_cry_t3:and not out:wink:

Best phil

Yes Phil

a tad over engineered, very thick panels[like me lol] and a 918cc sidevalve engine with the headlights in the front grill, hence the term 'lowlight' Minor. Top speed of 62 mph and thats downhill with a tailwind.
And the Capri has the classic looks in my book too, do keep us posted on how she goes.

Andy

Dont let my Mrs see it as this is what she wants for her daily car and i keep convincing her that after my next Capri then its moggy time :wink:
Trouble is she likes the 1000 traveller and they have gone through the roof.

Best phil

What Month Kev as i am 10 days away from another Milestone:tinysmile_cry_t3:and not out:wink:

Best phil

I don't hit that Milestone until September, trouble is those Milestones seem to come round quicker and quicker each year, so much to do, so little time!!!!

regards
Kev

I don't hit that Milestone until September, trouble is those Milestones seem to come round quicker and quicker each year, so much to do, so little time!!!!

regards
Kev

Days into weeks and into years and its over baring the shouting,I think some of our older members will verify that:xd:.

Best phil

April 17th so I suppose that makes it 3 months before the big win.
Dave.

I'm feeling younger already LOL!!!!

Theres not much between the two of you, less than a week!!

regards
Kev

I'm feeling younger already LOL!!!!

Theres not much between the two of you, less than a week!!

regards
Kev

Just spoke to the Lady on the ground at the time and apparently
1966 was a baby boom year,so guess we are not alone Kev and strangely enough although there are a handfull of days between me and Dave
two of my oldest friends are April 9th And the 18th Spooky :xd:

Best phil