What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

uncrimped aden case

chris i can just imagine two or three uniformed personel going into bejam and coming out with frozen chickens under their arms lol. I bet when they forgot to defrost the chickens it was a pretty spectacular site,did it ever put you off eating chicken lol

Not on a hot day thanks

chris i can just imagine two or three uniformed personel going into bejam and coming out with frozen chickens under their arms lol. I bet when they forgot to defrost the chickens it was a pretty spectacular site,did it ever put you off eating chicken lol

I think the Boffins got their wives to shop for the chickens and the only off putting thing was entering the tunnel to retrieve the target on a hot day!
I leave the rest to your imagination:ahhhhh::eek:

They could have made some chicken fricase ,or sold the remnants to the local chinese take away lol.I bet that must have stunk to high heaven . hows about a side line in donna kebabs lol

Gas mask

They could have made some chicken fricase ,or sold the remnants to the local chinese take away lol.I bet that must have stunk to high heaven . hows about a side line in donna kebabs lol

Had to resort to a gas mask one day and that was not funny!

Trouble is at the speeds involved everything get more or less vapourised so everything you touch-I leave the rest to your imagination:puke:

I dont envy you one bit chris enough to make anyones stamach churn,the smell must have been bad to resort to a gas mask idont know whats worse yuk.Changing the subject a little i dont suppose you know anyone who,s got a 30mm aden flat headed proof round for sale,i know they are pretty rare just thought id ask on the off chance

Flat head Proof Projectile for 30 ADEN

I dont envy you one bit chris enough to make anyones stamach churn,the smell must have been bad to resort to a gas mask idont know whats worse yuk.Changing the subject a little i dont suppose you know anyone who,s got a 30mm aden flat headed proof round for sale,i know they are pretty rare just thought id ask on the off chance
well I used to have one in my collection but I think the design was changed circa 1970's ish to a standard Practice projectile with a far more powerful propellant to achieve the same result.
The "flat" head proof projectiles are I believe akin to obtaining "Hens teeth" and I have only ever seen the one !
Best of luck in tracking one down-you will need it.:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

I have two 70s proof rounds, standard HE projectile with blue balistic caps and writing in felt tip pen on them, ones even got a proof case which i hadnt seen up till then. Oh well at least theres a faint hope of tracking one down then lol . just got to find a hen with some teeth

Any chance of a picture ?

I have two 70s proof rounds, standard HE projectile with blue balistic caps and writing in felt tip pen on them, ones even got a proof case which i hadnt seen up till then. Oh well at least theres a faint hope of tracking one down then lol . just got to find a hen with some teeth

Any chance of a picture of your items please Harley ???
Always interesting to see what other people have.:cheers:

Having problems uploading photos chris bit of a tecnophobe, keeps saying something about security token. whatever one of those is?

Re-sized ?

Having problems uploading photos chris bit of a tecnophobe, keeps saying something about security token. whatever one of those is?

Have you re-sized the pictures to a maximum of 510 pixels I wonder ?
Keep trying Harley as we all want to see your Proof's please.

Hi Chris
There is no date stamp on the Flat head proof Ive attached photos of the other proof i have.
Harry

Nice and rare Harry !
Any date stamp as I wonder when the changeover took place ?

Attachments

• 30 x 113B ADEN HV Photo 03.JPG
    30 x 113B ADEN HV Photo 03.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 30 x 113B ADEN HV Stamping case Photo 03 - 3 Proof 3Z.JPG
    30 x 113B ADEN HV Stamping case Photo 03 - 3 Proof 3Z.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 30 x 113B ADEN HV Stamping case Photo 03 - 3a Proof 3Z.JPG
    30 x 113B ADEN HV Stamping case Photo 03 - 3a Proof 3Z.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 30 x 113B ADEN HV Stamping case Photo 03 - 3b Proof 3Z.JPG
    30 x 113B ADEN HV Stamping case Photo 03 - 3b Proof 3Z.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 30 x 113B ADEN HV Stamping case Photo 03 - 3c Proof 3Z.JPG
    30 x 113B ADEN HV Stamping case Photo 03 - 3c Proof 3Z.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 10
Hi Chris
There is no date stamp on the Flat head proof Ive attached photos of the other proof i have.
Harry

Very nice Harry, I've collected Adens for quite a long time and didn't realise the cases said proof on them too - another one to look out for!
Dave.

Have you re-sized the pictures to a maximum of 510 pixels I wonder ?
Keep trying Harley as we all want to see your Proof's please.

Chris I've found that when you post on the forum the photos are automatically resized apart from when you put something on Classifieds. I normally take photos at 5mp and it works well.

Dave.

Nice items

Harry thanks for the pics-I also have learnt something new as I was not aware the cases were stamped "PROOF" either.

Very nice items Harry-so the flat head is ?

SG500 I always re-size my pics to start with but as you say the BOCN system works so well I will give it a try.
Thank you to both of you gentlemen !

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg
Dave sorry In advance for the rubbish potos,got a new camera cant upload the photos even my son cant and he is a computer wiz,showing my age now
Anyway one projectile has the number 16 on the body of the projectile with PRT written next to it and the number 16 on the ballistic cap
The other has the number 8 in the same places no PRT and on the opposite side it has p121 empty all written in what appears to be felt tip pen One seems to have a matt finish to the paint, slightly different shades aswell?

Last edited:
nice rounds harryg why do you think it is all proof projectiles seem to be marked to some extent?My proof case is identicle in year and stamps to yours 001 cy 90 proof 3z snap

Last edited: