What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unusual Wartime UZRG Fuzes

Hi, it is Bulgarian.

Yes, it was Bulgarian poster...you beat me to give answer!! you are too fast Grenadier! I could not find these pics I was looking for.

I have the original WW2 German poster that I think the Bulgarian poster was copied from, here are some photos...............

Attachments

• P8270044.jpg
    P8270044.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 45
  • P8270046.jpg
    P8270046.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 32
  • P8270047.jpg
    P8270047.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 29
  • P8270048.jpg
    P8270048.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 35
  • P8270050.jpg
    P8270050.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 34
  • P8270049.jpg
    P8270049.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 37
  • P8270053.jpg
    P8270053.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 27
  • P8270054.jpg
    P8270054.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 23
  • P8270055.jpg
    P8270055.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
????????????????????

I'm still confused what is being said in this thread?????????

Is it being said that the fuzes with the hole in the handle, the UZRG"M" were also used in WW2- pre-1945??????????

Yes, Bulgarian...you beat to it!! you are too fast Grenadier! I could not find these pics I was looking for!

I have the original WW2 German poster that the Bulgarian poster was copied from, here are some photos...............
It is postwar, DDR times (Eastern block).
PS: I would bet on that: UZRGM after WW2.

Last edited:
UZRG - Unified Fuse for Hand Grenades
year in which was accepted - 1942
I'm made a little work and now you may see a fragments from manuals of various years.
Do you see any distinctions in a fuse's design (the lever isn't counted)? I'm not.
Therefore it is not necessary to trust completely to manuals. Engineering specifications and natural collections can be as unique source only. In manual draw for the train soldier only, but not for educate him about features of designs of different models of fuses.
:tinysmile_twink_t2:

big size of draw
http://jhonni.users.photofile.ru/photo/jhonni/96026058/121464200.jpg

Attachments

• UZRG variety.jpg
    UZRG variety.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
And... colleaques!!

If you attentively look at the posters exposed above, and after on the your models of fuses (in your collect) you will be surprise. You will see many errors in posters!!!!

:wink:

P.S.
Look to the previous page of topic!!!

Last edited:
It is postwar, DDR times (Eastern block).
PS: I would bet on that: UZRGM after WW2.

Hi, are you saying my poster is post war DDR times?

I don't think I agree with this, I think the instructional poster is WW2 era.

I have shown it before, and it was confirmed as being a war time German training poster, but this may be wrong, but I really do not think so.

About fuzes.....I agree, and as I said already, I think that UZRG"M" are for sure post war fuzes.
For me to believe that the "M" fuzes with hole in handle were made in WW2, I would have to either see a dated document or manual with detailed accurate pics or drawings, or dig one from the ground myself at an untouched WW2 battle site.

Last edited:
Therefore it is not necessary to trust completely to manuals. Engineering specifications and natural collections can be as unique source only. In manual draw for the train soldier only, but not for educate him about features of designs of different models of fuses.
:tinysmile_twink_t2:
http://jhonni.users.photofile.ru/photo/jhonni/96026058/121464200.jpg

Yes, I agree, manuals were not intended to show small details, only train millions of soldiers. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

In manual draw for the train soldier only, but not for educate him about features of designs of different models of fuses.
Hi ,
Not completely sure with that, soldiers should be proper informed. It is wrong to post one fuze over the (70) years under 3 different names.

Last edited:
Hi ,
Not completely sure with that, soldiers should be proper informed. It is wrong to post one fuze over the (70) years under 3 different names.

Yes, this may be wrong, but all three fuzes worked the same, did they not?
Just small difference in materials used, and hole in the handle, and handle was a little longer on post war fuze.

Hi ,

Don't forget my dear friend Dimitar what these manuals was made for the Red Army! In our country all did confidential.

And about UZRG, UZRG(M) version and UZRGM-2.
These fuses have many differents but not in body construstion!!
Differents all is in a fulminating cap.
"M" version was accept in 60-s years, "M2" version was accept in 70-s years....
...many differents! ;)

Distinctions of cases and separate details in the first UZRG and UZRGM are available, but the main difference of all models is in stuffing of fulminating cap (KD).

p/S/
Three may keep a secret if two of them is dead!!

:wink:

Last edited:
I believe that the aluminum delay tube is UZRGM-2
In our battlefields (1944) can be found 3 species of delay tubes for UZRG fuze.

1. Cupper tube 1-2 from left (early, very rare type) This detonator used in fuze for Russian Hand Grenade Model 1912 & 1914, not in F-1 & RG-42.
2. Brass Tube 3-8 from left
Pressed powder iron 9-10 and all fuzes.

Hi Hootch...OK, so I think I understand what you are saying, that detonators like # 9 & 10, what you call the "pressed powdered iron" type have been found by "you" or maybe someone else in your 1944 battlefields in Latvia?

OK, so then possibly in the late war the Russians maybe used a different material to make the detonators.......BUT I cannot see the handle on the fuze that #10 detonator is attached to, and I cannot see any of the other fuze handles in your photo. Please show a photo of the handles.

Do these fuzes have a hole in the handle, or No hole?

Attachments

• UZRGdetpic66.jpg
    UZRGdetpic66.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 1944battlefield???.jpg
    1944battlefield???.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 51