What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unusual Wartime UZRG Fuzes

So...You also like American history.

I did not know you were an admirer of Benjamin Franklin Eugene? :wink:

No, I'm not an admirer of Benjamin but i read more books and dictionaryes....and...
I love Benjamin on the US money!! ;)
Who don't love money with Benjamin??? !! :xd:

My opinion is - what a classic "UZRG" lever hadn't a hole.
The hole is on the postwar version "UZRG(M)" and later...

Lever on these photo need wash in electrolysis!!
http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=42775&d=1290815219
After need search a marking.

Yes, yes Eugene, I agree with you. I want Hootch to explain more where he found the fuzes he showed, and show if they have a hole in handle ......What I understand is he says he found the type with hole on the 1944 battlefield??? but I cannot see the holes in handles in photo.

I am wondering if these fuzes Hootch shows are maybe a completely "new find" and "new unknown" information about Russian UZRG fuzes, OR if maybe he is not explaining correctly or not understanding?

OK Eugene, good idea, I have never done electrolysis, but I know how, and might try it on that fuze I have shown, and see if any markings can be seen.

No, I'm not an admirer of Benjamin but i read more books and dictionaryes....and...
I love Benjamin on the US money!! ;)
Who don't love money with Benjamin??? !! :xd:

Maybe a Tibetian Monk? A Monk might not Love money with Benjamin.

What you quoted Eugene,"Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead!"

That was Benjamin Franklin's quote from 1735, but I think maybe Stalin used this quote also.

+++

And here the Czech variant:nerd:
PS: Hi Eugene, if they wanted to keep secrecy, why there new variants are marked? It would be much more "top secret" if they hadn't done that. By my opinion secrecy has nothing to do with that.
PS: By the way this is not a problem only in Soviet manuals. They were copied practically everywhere in the countries of the former Warsaw pact, so it is common flaw here....:hello:

Attachments

• rezy24.JPG
    rezy24.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Yep Dimitar..
More mistake's from your posters guy's (from previous pages of topic)
Look picture at the foot of the page.....

;)

Not need search a truth in the posters and manual's...
Specification doc's need and an engineering drawing.
And guy's ... I remind to you what in war time was a deficit of materials and factoryes made details of any devices with breakdown in process!! (no metall - used a brass, no brass - used a metal and e.t.c)
My ROG43 grenade model initially not had a paint on the body - zinc coating only!

normal_Russian_ROG43-2_compressed.jpg

Cheers!

Eugene.

Attachments

• mistakes.jpg
    mistakes.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
+++

Hi again,
Agree - much more mistakes, but still don't understand why these manuals ware made so unreliable. PS: +1 variant here (side slide)

Attachments

• Koveshnikov.jpg
    Koveshnikov.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 44
You really don't understand why we had a many mistakes in manuals??!!
During Civil war have killed a many formed people's.
Stalin and Berija have killed much more peoples - officer's, engineer's, and other peoples who had a many knowledge's before WW2 1925-1939 years.
In WW2 period at the factories worked a lot of not qualified workpeoples.
..and many more reason's.

1. I can say that I have never found a handle with a hole on the battlefield. All the handle that I have a hole was found in place where trained solders. Together with details of the grenades came across as blanks Mosin rifle cartridges produced in 1957.

2. I am now also going to assume that UZRGM appeared only after the war.

3. But then it is not clear why the fuses with a modified design of the "closed top" and "open top" have the same name UZRG and models with changes in chemical composition of the detonator and delay tube have
another name UZRGM and UZRGM-2?

4. As I've said before, post war handles may have a hole, or may not have.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
+++

My respect to all of you guys, nothing personally. I'm just trying to get the truth as you exactly. Nice Sunday to all!

Small modifications on some items were not used for recall that item some times, and with Russians this is right because they dont waste time on those details, just produce, produce. So, now everything is clear, as it was until your first post Hootch :nerd:.

jhonni \ you have to put together all the WWII Russian grenades you have and shot some pics for us, you have some very rare grenades.

1. I can say that I have never found a handle with a hole on the battlefield. All the handle that I have a hole was found in place where trained solders. Together with details of the grenades came across as blanks Mosin rifle cartridges produced in 1957.

2. I am now also going to assume that UZRGM appeared only after the war.

3. But then it is not clear why the fuses with a modified design of the "closed top" and "open top" have the same name UZRG and models with changes in chemical composition of the detonator and delay tube have
another name UZRGM and UZRGM-2?

4. As I've said before, post war handles may have a hole, or may not have.

Hi Hootch, very nice collection of fuzes, and good photos, thanks.

#1 OK, thank you for answering my question, and explaining more about what you have found on battlefields. I was almost 100% sure you did not find the type fuze with hole in the handle on the 1944 battlefield, they did not make these fuzes in 1944 year!! Only Post War!! :tinysmile_twink_t2:

#2 YES, YES YES, YES!!!! this is what I have been saying

#3 I think the "open and closed top" fuzes was just an "early and later" feature, both were still "UZRG" only...........NO "M"!!........or "M-2"!!

#4 Yes, I will agree, I have also seen some post war dated handles like you show with "No hole" and they were dated in 1950's I think. Are these post war handles that you show with NO holes, are these Russian handles? or another country?

jhonni \ you have to put together all the WWII Russian grenades you have and shot some pics for us, you have some very rare grenades.

to Dimitar:
It's ok. A few peoples don't knows history of other countries, here I educate you about Russian history. :)

to Grenademan2005:
I try to search rare hand grenades models, and not buy a ordinary.
Something has found itself, something has bought.

Eugene.

Yes, I know you have unknown Russian WWII grenades, most of people just know the RGD33, F1, RG-42 and a few others, but you have grenades really rare and not often seen around. For this I ask you some pics of them, if you want of course.

I have a post war 65 dated handle (y3PrM) UZRGM handle that has no hole! maker 386, so is Soviet.. top of fuze is open.

Yes, this may be wrong, but all three fuzes worked the same, did they not?
Just small difference in materials used, and hole in the handle, and handle was a little longer on post war fuze.

I have a post war 65 dated handle (y3PrM) UZRGM handle that has no hole! maker 386, so is Soviet.. top of fuze is open.

Very nice, can you show a photo? I saw a post war UZRGM like this before also, but do not think it was not marked 386, it was marked something else I cannot remember.

Attached is requested pic with fuze attached.

Thanks for posting a pic. These are interesting fuze handle variations. The others I have seen before, I was never able to see the markings clearly.

If you also look earlier in this thread there are more post war with no holes that Hootch has shown also, you cannot see dates, but probably 50-60's handles. Here look................

http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=42831&d=1290886523

So they must have made without hole for short periods in 60's? or the handles were were not pressed or stamped out correctly? Maybe they were using the old wartime tooling to make these handles.

I would like to know more about why they made the no hole post war handles.

Last edited: