What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What else do you collect

hi guys
some of my other passtimes
my therapist thinks there great .?:tinysmile_shy_t:
armystuff

Attachments

• apc1.jpg
    apc1.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 196
  • apc3.jpg
    apc3.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 137
  • plane3.jpg
    plane3.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 121
  • apc2.jpg
    apc2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 96
  • apc8.jpg
    apc8.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 112
Thanks Waff, and theyr'e still babies, another two years of
growing up to do :D
I didn't know you could buy tortoises that grow that big to keep at home.

What species of are they?

Where do you keep them in the winter when they are hibernating?

I don't collect ordnance as such. I came here for information more than anything
but looking around gave me a few ideas to add to the reenactment display that I'm building.

I also collect British medals and WWII military manuals.

Wow!!
I havn`t seen those S.H.A.D.O vehicles from `Project UFO` for years!!

Nice one Paul!

best

waff

Ah man I used to have a bearded sailor action man and he came with the deep sea diving outfit that yours has and it used to have this pipe thing for blowing bubbles out of his helmet when you played with him under water.

Hi all,

here is a piccy of some of the other items i collect, dont have many as they can be very expensive but perhaps one day!!!

First one is a 1945 Denison, 2nd pattern in pretty good condition but of a small size. Second one, a 1952 3rd pattern in mint condition, much larger and very wearable.
Third and fourth are repros, pretty good though, 3rd one made from WW2 materiel and these do get worn. I did add my badges to which i am entitled though.

Andy

Attachments

• Picture150-1.jpg
    Picture150-1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 55
relic helmets

some of my relic helmets from battlefield in europe.

Attachments

• assorted helmets.jpg
    assorted helmets.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 65
  • G  helm seelow heights , stalingrad ect..jpg
    G helm seelow heights , stalingrad ect..jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 54
  • G, H.J Helmet ( Suta Pass Italy. G, helmet Arramonche normandy.jpg
    G, H.J Helmet ( Suta Pass Italy. G, helmet Arramonche normandy.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 51
  • M1 U.S, ( Utah beach ).jpg
    M1 U.S, ( Utah beach ).jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 59
  • German helm 1.jpg
    German helm 1.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 46
realy exelant collection of helmets .
i take it some of these guys did not make it home ?
Archie

relic helmets

Hi Archie,
Yes you,re right some didnt make it, I have complete helmets in the collection but to be truthfull they dont tell a story like relic ones do.
I have two grave dug helmets one from Leningrad, the soldier was called Pogosgiy, I know he was buried with honors. And one from what was Stalingrad.
Dave.

hi there
grave dug helmets is a difficult one thers two sides of the fence here
one side believes its grave robbing and the other call it collecting ?
i fell of the fence the other week when i saw a picture of some dug up medals on the forum i said i cant wait to get my spade out ? oops
thats when the other side of the fence jumped on me ?
but opinions are like ars- hole- every one has one ?
keep up the good work for future generations to see
if we dont they will chuck the stuff in the bin .
just like so much stuff has been bined already
regards Archie :tinysmile_shy_t:

Hi Panzer 1, did you recover the helmets yourself or are they purchased from dealers?

I know of one UK dealer who takes relic helmets and shoots holes into them with a .22 rifle!

Quatermass

Last edited:
relic helmets

Hi Quatermass,
The answer to that is No i didnt dig them myself but have some friends who do, i buy from them I would luve to go and dig like them but perhaps one day, i was in Normandy last year and found some rounds plus bit and bobs, great trip. I dont think of it as grave robbing as the soldier gets a military funeral with honors so he is laid to rest at last. It is only his kit thats left and its beter that letting it rot, I teach with it sometimes.
Dave.

U.S. Helmet

The M1 U.S, helmet was was in such a state when i got it, part of the rim was off and it was crushable, so that took a while to restore i painted it only to restrict anymore rust getting to it, it was found the same time i was in Normandy at Utah beach, it was found just a little way in from the beach.
Dave.

These are the things that compete for the money and the space that would otherwise go to ordnance. What my girlfriend refer's to as "nasty guy stuff" (and she was an antique dealer). It's mostly from the early 1800's to the early 20th century and includes bottles, insulators, telegraph equipment, railroad items, sewing machines, porcelain signs, bayonets, paperweights and glass. There are alot of crossover collectables that relate to ordnance. A few examples are in the No.5 Mills bombs; made by Bullers who also manufactured telegraph equipment and insulators, Seimens who made electrical equipment and insulators, Westinghouse Brake Co. who made railroad equipment, and while Ive heard of a Singer Sewing Machine marked Mills base plug but havent seen one I have had SMC (Singer Manufacturing Co) 2.36 in bazooka rockets.

Attachments

• ewcrp.JPG
    ewcrp.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 92
  • wwbs.JPG
    wwbs.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Telegraph Equipment etc.JPG
    Telegraph Equipment etc.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Journal Box Covers.JPG
    Journal Box Covers.JPG