What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your "holy grail?"

timmymac

Can't sleep! So while were up, what's eluded your grasp thus far? What's the one grenade you REALLY want but for whatever reason is not in your case? Personally, I want every one I don't have. Seriously, though is have to say its a toss up between a US MKI in good to excellent cond, or an German M24 Stick(same condition) Alrighty then, how about you guys?

so many I want! I only collect mint items so this makes my 'wants' a bit more elusive...

not especially rare but I'd really like a Brit L2 gren.

Like you I've always wanted an M24 stick - I only have replicas so far.

For my 2"mortar collection (although i did have one a while back) would be a WP round and a Signal success star shell and a mint war time smoke round. For the mine and mine fuze collection am after a mint S-Mine35 that has the tin seal, a mint Buck igniter the S-Mine44 igniter, J-feder 504.

I would think that A mint Stick would be pretty high on everyone's list but, from what I can tell, they're all of those are at Jeeeensy's! LOL :)
...oh yea, I really really really want a mint M26,.......and a L109, T13beano,...and....

Last edited:
In fact five 35x228 cartridges,preferably cutaway models

-the DM 41 from Diehl
-the AHEAD
-the PELE
-the HEI-IP met KDZ366 Proximity fuze
-the Polish APFSDS-T

It would make my collection of 35x228 cartridges near cmplete.

Attachments

• 35x228  DM41.JPG
    35x228 DM41.JPG
    266.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 35mm Ahead (KETF).jpg
    35mm Ahead (KETF).jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 35x228 HEI-IP met KDZ366 Proximity fuze.jpg
    35x228 HEI-IP met KDZ366 Proximity fuze.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 36
  • 35x228 polish APFSDS-T.jpg
    35x228 polish APFSDS-T.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Diehl 35x228 PELE.jpg
    Diehl 35x228 PELE.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Yes John that is the transitional Kugel that I want. I would like the practice version of that grenade which I've only seen in the Delhomme book. There are other WW1 German grenades on my "hit list" but these are at the top..............Dano

German 4,2 cm HE or AP I am looking for 1 more than 28 years it would make the Collection at the museum Complete.