What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your "holy grail?"

A Soviet 23mm Rikhter space gun cartridge...

Followed by these R-23 variants:
23x260 canister round
23x260 single flechette round
23x260 with titanium case

Yes John that is the transitional Kugel that I want. I would like the practice version of that grenade which I've only seen in the Delhomme book. There are other WW1 German grenades on my "hit list" but these are at the top..............Dano

I was offered 360 for mine the other day! Yiikes...

John

MillsCylindrical.jpg I apologise for the relatively modern ring on this example.

I have to admit there were several I had to look up as I had no idea what they were. The cylindrical mills is SSOOOOO cool! Your choices have broadened my knowledge on our favorite subject, its also added to the list of s**t I want. Well, back to work to make more money to buy more grenades! Thanks for posts!

A list as long as my arm, but i find the longer i collect the more 'holy grails' i conquer!.

Might not seem like it (missed opportunities, overpriced items,wrong place,wrong time,etc) but the search and the journey it takes you on is often the hobby.

I don't collect grenades....so any live one that would fit through the letter box of the junkie next door would do :bigsmile:

I can't say I have any one Holy Grail. I only collect First War Grenades, which is a pretty broad field in and of itself, so there always seems to be a new one popping up. I agree with Dano, the transitional Kugel is one tho

Keith