What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW1 Rudge Whitworth.303 h/stamps.

I'm going a little bit off topic here,but I've become quite interested in Inspectors Dummy Cartridges.The first example I acquired is h/stamped B^E 1941 U V,which is,I think,a product of ROF Blackpole,and is a purpose made dummy with a blank empty primer pocket.

Another such item that arrived today is h/stamped MG 1943 VII,I'm fairly sure this is nothing to do with machineguns,and instead indicates manufacture in SAA Factory No2 in Footscray,Australia? Although it is plated the empty primer pocket is complete with anvil and flash holes,and seems like a normal ball round case.

Did all British makers produce purpose made dummies as in my first example,or do such things turn up in various forms,made at various times at random ?

Inspection

Chris

To avoid going off on a tangent on this thread I will start a new one on Inspector's dummys.

Regards
TonyE