What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clam Mine

What I know about British colour codes is that Yellow indicates the HE is the fill, Green indicates that TNT is used and the Red "X's" indicate it is suitable for use in tropical/warm climates.

Hi, I'm keeping a very nice one as a trade item in the hope that one day someone will swap it for a set of clam covers for my No 74 SB. Hint Hint. Cheers:bigsmile:

Demetrius
would very much love to get one, I have seen replicas of this. one replica on flEabay for 199 quid :(

Do not make people into error. This is simply slander. You see original and the replica clam mines only on the photos and now spend a final judgment.
Replicas cost L 50 and made of epoxy resin. Such copies can easily be distinguished from the original, when you have them in hand. Original clam mine that I sell are made of bakelite and some example have not even been opened in 60 years. I sent you photos, which show in what state were found in the old hideout of the resistance.
But you still telling lies about the copies.
People who bought from me can attest that these are the originals.
Found Mk III various models from different manufacturers, I have three example with manufacturer stamps.

robik-robik

2a.jpg

1a.jpg

3a.jpg

If these are copies, then you are also a copy.

Last edited:
My Sincere Apologies in my haste to "Be helpful" . My posting was grossly misdirected and I am very sorry. please accept my apology.

I've added a few Clam Mines to my collection over the past year, and I wanted to post them here because I am still a bit confused as to the difference between the Mk.II (NOT the Mk.I Bakelite aka Mk.II) and the Mk.III. I see slight construction differences on the bottom, but that's all. I believe I read in this thread or somewhere else that the Mk.III was manufactured for General Military use instead of just SOE and OSS. Is that really the only difference between the two?
2022.06.30 (2) Labeled.jpg2022.06.30 (3) Labeled.jpg2022.06.30 (4) Labeled.jpg

What is the "standard M.D.1", is it the first version in metal known as MKI or an early version ?

0.jpg1.jpg