What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10,5 shrapnell german 1ww?

Spgr30

Ordnance approved
Hi,
Could any one tell me what is this stange shell? There is no mark on the body and the fuze. Thank you.

Attachments

• DSC_5359.jpg
    DSC_5359.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_5360.jpg
    DSC_5360.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_5361.jpg
    DSC_5361.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_5362.jpg
    DSC_5362.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_5363.jpg
    DSC_5363.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 67
yep,double effect fuze.
looks like a dopp z92 used maily on shrapnel shells.
They were a few versions with diffrent time delays.

Attachments

• z92.jpg
    z92.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 46
absolutely positively useles babble by dano1917

Yes 18pdr, Does resemble a Dopp Z92 fuze but different. all Dopp z92's i've seen are marked as such. It is double effect as mentioned and it does have the "clasic German WW1 look but i'm not convinced. I do know one thing - one will see something that he has not previously seen in this hobby no mater how long you've been at it. I'll go with WW1 German but can't add anything further to that. most interesting to say the least. there, now i've done it - written a paragraph of total babble without a single shred of useful information. HELP Richard!!! If just one life was changed..................Dano

Last edited:
hi,
Thank you gentlemen for your answers, this shell was found in belgium.
Best regard.

i agree with dickaren

I think so too its not an german round two opinions a kind of trench art or maybe an pre war round created with remaining stock parts of the ww1 !!

wbr David

Hi
The fuze look Belgium but the shell body, conical base and driving band look strangely Yugo
Perhaps a belgium shell for export?
I already saw a 15 cm shell identified like yugoslave, fitted of a Schneider fuze for average gauge, made in America since WW1 and for export

The last pic

HI,
The last pic i have, if it could help you more.
Regards

Attachments

• DSC_5364.jpg
    DSC_5364.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 56
HI,
The last pic i have, if it could help you more.
Regards

well here is a dopp z92 fuze on a german shell part.
looks just like yours to me

18pounder

Attachments

• dopp z92 fuze.jpg
    dopp z92 fuze.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 20
HI,
yes, 18pounder, but i have never see DOPP z92 without any mark. Very strange shell for me.
Regards