What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ken68

Hi can anyone help me with the head stamp markings on this 105mm shell case , what gun its fired from ? british -American etc , Nato country ? any info more than welcome .
Pictured next to a british 25 pdr
105MM X 372R

OB 105/14/24. FMK. 3 MOD 0
LOT 1-FMK - 80

Thanks Ken

Last edited:
3916089413_141dc77e10.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OTO_Melara_Mod_56

otobreda 105/14 105 MM PACK HOWITZER

OTO MELARA 105 MM PACK HOWITZER

The OTO Melara 105 mm Pack Howitzer (or 105/14) is an Italian howitzer produced since 1956 and designed as a light-weight easily transportable field weapon. The OTO Melara 105 mm Pack Howitzer has a calibre of 105 mm and a maximum range of 10,222 meters, or 13,000 metres when firing rocket-assisted shells. It has a normal rate of fire of 1.5 rounds per minute, increasing to a maximum of 4 rounds a minute or 8 rounds per minute in anti-tank operation.

Follow up on Mogways post
The Argentines use this gun

Last edited:
I think it's a cartridge case made in Argentina Because the headstamps is 1 FLB 90 : Fabrica Luis Beltran
ut i don't know "RT" and "FMK" factories

I agree with Mogway.....abrica militar "Fray Luis Beltran" San Lorenzo,Argentina but was made in 1980 not 1990

Cheers
Tony

Thanks for the help so it looks like an Argentinian made shell for the italian pack howitzer 105/14, my brother in law was just telling me how he trained on the pack howitzer before getting the new (then) L 118 light gun

cheers ken

Judging by the date it could very possibly have been fired by THIS gun! Gate guard at 2 Field Workshops REME in the Falklands 1984. Rumour had it that the British sold them to the Argies and they were used to fire on one of the Parachute Regiment Battalions during the invasion. Previous to that they were used by 7RHA in support of the Parachute Regiment in the Radfan.

2FdWkspREME.jpg

That's really interesting it's possible it came from the falklands , I had an Argentine helmet that now appears in the book , then and now by Gordon Ramsey , my brother in law brought it back from mt tumble down , it has a 7.62mm hole in it . I have had it since Xmas 1982 and decided to get rid of it ! Also had a 40 mm Bofor shell brought back and just 2 weeks ago gave it back to Alan after all these years it now sits in his living room with his medals . First time I have seen an argetine shell case , thankyou for the info

Cheers ken