What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20 m/m Vulcan A/P Projectile

Bockscar

As a follow on to my now identified Oerlikon alloy A/P Projectile, I include a couple of pictures of a 20 m/m x 102 Vulcan round complete with a two part alloy projectile crimped in place. This contains a penetrator core weighing in at 67 Grammes. The nose of the penetrator is secured in position within the alloy cap by means of a small "O" ring, the base of the core sitting in the rear section. The case is of plated steel.

Attachments

• ammunition 027.jpg
    ammunition 027.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 56
  • ammunition 032.jpg
    ammunition 032.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 63
NWM made perhaps

That one is a shape I recognise, possibly NWM produced with a good quality Tungsten core.

Very nice round my friend!

Hi Bockscar,
this is a MN40 AP produced by the former NWM company in The Netherlands.
I think this projectile is crimped later on this steel casing, because NWM did produce brass casings.

Regards, Cornman

20 m/m x 102

Thanks for the replies and info guys, at least I now have a manufacturers name to put against it. The only problem now is the fact that it appears that the projectile is in a steel case whereas NWM only produced brass casings. The crimp on this example is definetly factory though.....so I wonder whats going on?