What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20 X 110 Hispano representing SAPI

Good timing with this thread - found a 20mm round in the flea market today, 'BBC 1942 20mm' - didn't buy it though as it had been made into a lighter with a false projectile that slid off the shell...

Robs

I think most of the problems would have been overcome had more time been given. The technology improved considerably between the mid 1950s and when the GAU series of aluminium cases were developed (1970 ish?).

The committee said that 30 mm had reached a stage where it was promising, but there were still problems that if the cases got scratched or scored in handling, a burst case was likely to result.

I have (poor) photocopies of the photo of the 30/20 light alloy case if you would like me to post.

Regards
TonyE

Yes please Tony I'd like to see the photocopy.
Ta,
Dave.

30/20 Aden

Here they are. I did warn you they were poor!

Cheers
TonyE

Attachments

• 30-20 Aden alloy.jpg
    30-20 Aden alloy.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 30-20 aden alloy sect.jpg
    30-20 aden alloy sect.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 26
Thanks Tony, oh WOW, where do I get one of those............??????????
Dave.

20mm Aden

Steady Young Dave, steady!

I could show you the drawing for the 30mm Aden LV aluminium case, but I would not want you to have a seizure on my account!

Cheers
TonyE

Tony I've already had a seizure looking at the 30/20 aluminium one.
Attached are a few of the other types I have. The HV and LV aluminium cases.
Dave.

Attachments

• Misc photos of shells 22 Jan 09 030.JPG
    Misc photos of shells 22 Jan 09 030.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 20