What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30 x 170mm collection updated

WOW:tinysmile_shy_t:, that is one beautiful collection!! Are you gonna add some text with all cartridges? I am always curious about the story's behind these cartridges.

Regards DJH

DGH This is just the index mate, each round has a page of info and more photos of component parts.

LOL thanks Hicky, Used to collect "british ordnance" but found it to vast a subject so as i have a Sabre with a rarden cannon decided to specialize in 30x170 although a much larger subject than i previously thought.

C.

Collection now displayed

Collection now displayed

Attachments

• P6030018sss.jpg
    P6030018sss.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 64
An excellent collection of rounds....well impressed with them indeed and nicely laid out too. Of course you do know what would happen if one of them was to fall over dont you!

As an aside, I am well up on the deactivation procedure for small arms, but I was wondering what was involved in the deactivation of larger items such as your Rarden. Is it the removal only of key components only or does the burning and welding equipment figure highly in the process!

Bockscar

Nice one Charlie, they look great all out and displayed. Will we get a chance to come and have a look ?
Best Weasel.

Very nice Charlie, I particularly like the ones on the middle shelf on the left hand side.
Dave

Which ones out of those are the WW2 dated AA gun rounds?

I may be completely wrong here - number 43 on the main listing and bottom shelf on left, second from left? Just looks like the right profile for the WW2 version.
Dave.

Correct Dave,

The other example is just a case and waiting to be photographed and catalogued.

C.